Subject: Re: mplayer & qt?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/18/2006 22:43:43
On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 10:22:26PM +0200, Martin S. Weber wrote:
> pkgsrc doesn't have "flavours" (obsd). Well. But we have gmplayer,
> mplayer, kmplayer. Can't we deliver to users what they expect? (mplayer
> is a standalone package; gmplayer is a "gnome" 'mplayer' package, kmplayer
> is a "kde" 'mplayer' package.)

Fine, set the options and be done. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE USEFUL FOR.
Yes, we currently don't have multiple option sets as binary packages
(with a few examples like firefox-gtk1 vs firefox), but that doesn't
mean that you can't alter the dependency list to better match your
habits. My personal list is
PKG_OPTIONS.mplayer=    -nas -aalib -arts -esound \
			-mplayer-runtime-cpudetection -sdl
but others have different needs and I won't force it down their throats.

> ii) the "gmplayer" and "kmplayer" packages offer enough hook to enable SDL
>    where it is required for the appropriate "desktop environment".

SDL is about output support not DEs.

Joerg