Re: possible regression with Xorg radeon drivers?

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 01:36:19AM -0500, George Michaelson wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 08:06:11 +0200
> Bernd Ernesti <netbsd%lists.veego.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 02:22:36PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
> > >
> > > I've been using Xorg from pkgsrc for a month or so now, and I think
> > > I have found a regression with the radeon driver, compared to
> > > XFree86.
> > >
> > > mplayer is finding it very hard to 'keep up' with any video, any
> > > format. trivial mouse/keyboard interactions cause it huge stutter.
> > > Everything else is fine (in fact, better than fine: the radeon
> > > multi-head stuff is just lovely. I really like Xorg)
> >
> > Give us at least a little more information, like the output of
> > xvinfo and the first lines of mplayer so we can see if it uses
> > the XV output or just the plain X11 output device.
> > And what kind of hardware you are using.

The hardware part is missing. You mentioned that you use a laptop
with a M6 chipset, but is that one with its own memory, or does it
use the main memory.
How fast is your laptop and how much memory does it and the graphics
chip have?

You also mentioned multi-head. Can you try it without it?

Bernd