Re: PLIST issues with xorg on Solaris

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Raymond Meyer wrote:

SPARC Solaris or x86 Solaris? I was trying to build X11 on SPARC Solaris:

SPARC. I wasn't looking to build a server - I just wondered if xorg-libs might provide better compatibility with some pkgsrc packages than the openwin libraries, since I assume that a NetBSD system would typically use xorg or xfree86 and most packages would be developed/tested against xorg/xfree.

The problem you're having building Xorg on Solaris from pkgsrc is related to
the fact that meta-pkgs/xorg/Makefile.common does not support Solaris. You
could try copying the following from meta-pkgs/XFree86/Makefile.common
[...]

Thanks for this.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth  -------------------  Computing Manager, Sherrington Building
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics  -  University of Oxford, UK