Subject: Re: Problems with dbus
To: Marco Righele <marco_righele@yahoo.it>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/01/2006 14:14:41
On 9/1/06, Marco Righele <marco_righele@yahoo.it> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:39:00 +0200
> "Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering... what do you need the system daemon for?  Do any
> > application in pkgsrc currently use it?  (I've been running with the
> > session daemon only for a very long time and it worked fine so far.)
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> Hi,
>
> I have no particular use for it, but the build process of dbus-glib and
> py-dbus seems to need it at some point because they call
> dbus-send --system, and without dbus-glib most of gnome won't build.

That's plain wrong and was supposedly fixed in pkgsrc... in fact, I
commited a working dbus-glib before I was able to fix dbus itself.

> for dbus-glib it is something like the following:
>
> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/tmp/sysutils/dbus-glib/work.mini/dbus-glib-0.71/tools'
> DBUS_TOP_BUILDDIR=.. dbus-send --system --print-reply=literal --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect > dbus-bus-introspect.xml.tmp && mv dbus-bus-introspect.xml.tmp dbus-bus-introspect.xml

Are you building dbus-glib manually maybe?  See
pkgsrc/sysutils/dbus-glib/patches/patch-aa.

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/