Subject: Re: creating INDEX/README.html
To: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@uninett.no>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/29/2006 20:59:12
> I am trying to create an INDEX file using 'make index'.  However,
> after reading all the package information, I get the following errors=
:

>       awk in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
>      /usr/bin/awk: regular expression too big: out of memory in resiz=
e_state...
>       input record number 93045, file /usr/pkgsrc/PKGDB
>       source line number 355
>
> Is this problem the result of a misconfiguration or a misuse of
> pkgsrc?  How is one supposed to create the INDEX file needed by
> pkgdepgraph?  Any help appeciated.

I suspect this is due to a bug or deficiency in awk.  Which
version of NetBSD(?) is your awk from?  The 3.0 family of
releases, perhaps?  I recall changes going in to awk to support
larger and/or more complex regexps a while ago, ref. PR#33392.
You could try to update your src/dist/nawk/ directory to what is
on HEAD and see if that makes any difference (nawk/b.c should be
revision 1.12).

Regards,

- H=E5vard