Subject: Re: p5-Crypt-Crack
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/12/2006 17:10:19
--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.aug.sechs@kh-22.de> wrote:
=20
> Shouldn't this be called p5-Crypt-Cracklib?

Yes, of course.

> What is -IINCLUDE and -LFBSDLIB doing in patch-aa?

I copied over the patch from FreeBSD ports and didn't really pay much
attention. :-}

> Use the subst framework from mk/subst.mk.

Hmmm...

[...]
=3D=3D=3D> Configuring for p5-Crypt-Cracklib-0.01
WARNING: [subst.mk] Ignoring non-text file "./Makefile.PL".
[...]
cc -c  -I@PREFIX@/include/cracklib  -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
[...]
Cracklib.xs:14:20: packer.h: No such file or directory
Cracklib.c: In function `XS_Crypt__Cracklib_FascistCheck':
Cracklib.c:188: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast

> No real maintainer in MAINTAINER?

I don't intend to maintain this package -- I just needed it right now.
:-/

> I never noticed or used the variable "CRYPTO" before and it is not
> mentioned in the pkgsrc guide. Do we really need this or is it a remnant
> of US crypto policy in the past?

I copied the Makefile from p5-Crypt-Blowfish, fwiw.

> Changes available here
>   http://www.NetBSD.org/~heinz/p5-Crypt-Cracklib.tar.gz

Many thanks!

Now if only I knew my subst.mk thinks that Makefile.PL is not a regular
file...

-Jan

--=20
If you can read this, you're not the president.

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--