Subject: Re: parallel/sge 6.x
To: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/11/2006 00:27:03
On Thursday 10 August 2006 01:16, Mark Davies wrote:
> > Initializing spooling database
> > critical error: Profiling array is not initialized!
> >
> > Looks like a sge software problem. Maybe ./install_qmaster is not
> > properly setting env? The other stuff is cleanup, but this one
> > looks like some effort is needed, any idea what's wrong?
>
> Thats the initializing databases problem I mentioned.  The person I asked
> to look at it never got anywhere, and I haven't really poked at it myself.
> The relevant code is in gridengine/source/libs/uti/sge_profiling.c.

Changing the "cd ${WRKSRC}/source && ${AIMK} -no-jni" line to
"cd ${WRKSRC}/source && ${AIMK} -no-jni  -spool-berkeleydb" gets it beyond
this point by linking the berkeleydb spooling in directly rather than
dynamically so the problem must be something to do with threads and
dynamically loading libraries.

cheers
mark