Re: removal of nomore-required packages

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 03:13:35PM +0200, davide zanon wrote:
> hi!
> I hope this question hasn't already been asked... how can I tell the
> pkgsrc infrastructure to uninstall only and all the packages needed by
> another package I don't want to use anymore?
> Let me explain better: I installed kdebase and in the process lots of
> other software got built and installed. Now I want to remove kdebase
> and every package that was built for it and is not required by other
> installed packages. Is there a possible way to do such a thing?  Thank
> you very much

Try pkgsrc-wip/pkg_rmleaves.  "pkg_rmleaves -a" presents you a list of
all leaf-packages which have been installed (a)utomatically (i.e. as a
dependency of other packages).  Once you've removed a first round of
leaf-packages, it shows you a list of new leaf-packages, i.e. packages
that have become leafs since the previous round, and so on.

        Geert