Re: Ethereal removed from pkgsrc ?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Zafer Aydogan wrote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:43:14 +0200
> From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer.aydogan%gmail.com@localhost>
> To: Pierrick Brossin <pierrick%bs-network.net@localhost>
> Cc: pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost
> Subject: Re: Ethereal removed from pkgsrc ?
>
> Ethereal has been renamed to Wireshark, after the Developer of
> Ethereal Gerald Combs changed his employer from Ethereal, Inc. in
> Kansas  to Cace Technologies in Davis, California. The former has
> registered the name as a Trademark in January 2004. (See also:
> http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200606/msg00093.html)
>
> Zafer.

Would there be any advantage, in these sorts of situations, in there being
a dummy pkgsrc stub (perhaps for one further release only of the
pkgsrc-stable branch), such that:

  cd pkgsrc/whatever/foo ; make

results in

  Application pkgsrc/whatever/foo is now dprecated in favour of
  pkgsrc/somethingelse/bar.  See URL for more details.

Or similar ?

--
David Sheryn    <david%chromiq.org@localhost>

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
 discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny....'" -- Isaac Asimov