Re: bogus 'Please add USE_LANGUAGES+=c to the package Makefile' message

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
I'm working on a package for xml2rfc.  I ran my package and got the
message "Please add USE_LANGUAGES+=c to the package Makefile".  Fair
enough, except that it doesn't use C; it's written in tcl/tk.   What,
if anything, should I add to the Makefile?  I currently use

        DEPENDS+=       tcl>=8.0:../../lang/tcl

This warning means that somewhere in the build process, the C compiler is executed. The file work/.work.log should contain a log entry of that. When, with what command line arguments and (most important) why is the C compiler run?

Roland