Subject: Re: audio problems with -current/GCC4?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: John D.Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 07/11/2006 11:03:52
On 11 Jul 2006, at 09:01, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> "John D. Baker" <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com> writes:
>> In my case, I only used -march in my kernel config:
>>
>>     makeoptions    CPUFLAGS+="-march=athlon -mmmx -msse"

I was able to look at the config file yesterday.  It's actually

     makeoptions    CPUFLAGS+="-march=athlon -mmmx -m3dnow"

> FYI, the kernel does not use floating point, and is not supposed to
> use the floating point registers. I would suggest that there is no
> point in setting -mmmx -msse etc in the kernel.

In any event, I built mpg123 and it plays files and streams just fine.
Plus, mplayer and mpg321 also play audio without problems.

So far, it seems the problem is confined to just xmms on this system.
I'm beginning to think I extrapolated a graph from a single data point.

Thanks for your input.

John D. Baker                            NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
http://mylinuxisp(dot)com/(tilde)jdbaker/     OpenBSD            FreeBSD
BSD.  It just sits there and _works_.
GPG fingerprint = D703 4A7E 479F 63F8 D3F4  BD99 9572 8F23 E4AD 1645