Re: xextproto is not installed; can't buildlink files

Hello,

At Thu, 6 Jul 2006 22:07:19 +0200,
Jukka Salmi wrote:
> using HEAD pkgsrc on a -current NetBSD/i386 system, building several
> packages like www/firefox and graphics/hicolor-icon-theme currently
> fails with
>
> ===> wrapper-message [...] ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for [...]
> ERROR: xextproto is not installed; can't buildlink files.
> *** Error code 1

I think it's a problem of x11/xcursor/builtin.mk.

When building the packages which depend on gtk2, any buildlink3.mk
don't include buildlink3.mk of xproto and xextproto.  So xproto and
xextproto don't exist in BUILDLINK_PACKAGES at line 107 of
mk/buildlink3/bsd.buildlink3.mk.  Then these buildlink3.mk are
included by x11/xcursor/builtin.mk via x11/Xfixes/buildlink3.mk.
However it's too late to include these builtin.mk.

In pkgsrc-2006Q2, the problem does not happen because these packages
are installed (sorry, I don't know why), but these builin.mk are not
included.

  % cd /usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox
  % cat CVS/Tag
  Tpkgsrc-2006Q2
  % make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_BUILTIN_MK.xproto

  %

IMHO, builtin.mk should not include buildlink3.mk.

best regards.
--
 Kouichirou Hiratsuka
   hira%po6.nsk.ne.jp@localhost