cy2-sql - need configuration help

I've installed cyrusIMAP and CyrusSASL as well as cy2-sql.

What I'd like to do is have all IMAP users authenticated against their
password which is held in a MySQL database. Thing is, cy2-sql seems poorly
documented.

I've tried changing /usr/pkg/etc/imapd.conf to include the following:

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sql
sasl_sql_engine: mysql
sasl_sql_hostnames: localhost
sasl_sql_user: user
sasl_sql_passwd: pass
sasl_sql_database: maildb
sasl_sql_select: select clear from users where username='%u' and domain ='%r'

however, cyrusIMAP seems to refuse to start when I do this.

Can't seem to find any log with helpful info - where am I going wrong?

Help greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Phil.