Subject: Re: what to do about CHECK_INTERPRETER=yes results?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/27/2006 15:50:35
Klaus Heinz wrote:

> sysutils/ipmitool installs shell scripts with /bin/bash as their
> interpreter and the bulk builds (with CHECK_INTERPRETER=yes) complain
> about that.
>
> I do not know whether those scripts really require bash. Some of them
> are only useful on certain machines/operating systems. Most have
> hardcoded paths and will not work without adapting them to the
> individual users needs with an editor. IMO, they should only be
> considered as examples.
>
> Am I really supposed to add a run-time requirement of shells/bash or
> shells/bash2 for those scripts?

The right way to do this now is USE_TOOLS+=bash:run, so that platforms
that already have bash won't pull in the dependency.  Also, you will
need to add the appropriate REPLACE_INTERPRETER code to the package
Makefile -- see graphics/netbpm/Makefile for a working example.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>