Subject: mysql[45]-server error during the "build" phase on FreeBSD 6.1
To: None <xtraeme@NetBSD.org>
From: Yarema <yds@CoolRat.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/26/2006 04:11:35
mysql[45]-client builds and installs just fine, but the -server pkg fails
for both versions 4 and 5.  A copy of "work/.work.log " can be found at:
http://yds.CoolRat.org/pkgsrc/mysql5-server.log
and bmake 2>&1 output can be found at:
http://yds.CoolRat.org/pkgsrc/mysql5-server.out

Any clue as to what to try next would be helpful.  Looking at what they
have in FreeBSD ports I notice they test ${OSVERSION} and make adjustments
based on the value.  I can try to pull in some of that.

Problem is that FreeBSD/ports ${OSVERSION} is not the same as pkgsrc
${OS_VERSION}.  In FreeBSD/ports ${OSREL} is roughly analogous to pkgsrc
${OS_VERSION}.  While FreeBSD/ports ${OSVERSION} is populated with the
values described in:
http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/freebsd-versions.html

I posted a seperate email to <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org> with some thoughts about
${OS_VERSION} not being precise enough for fine tuning mysql[45]-server the
way FreeBSD/ports does it.

But that might not even be the issue here. I do like pkgsrc as compared to
FreeBSD/ports.  Thing is I do need to get  mysql5-server working on this
FreeBSD 6.1 amd64 box and get it out into production.  I would hate to go
back to using ports out of desperation.  HELP?

--
Yarema
http://yds.CoolRat.org