Kmail and gnupg not playing nice

Hey all,

I configured kmail with my gnupg keys. I am able to send encrypted emails, and
am informed when emails arrive with a signature. The issue arrises when I
want to view and encrypted email.

I select the encrypted email and the preview pane shows a blue box with the
following error:

Encrypted message (decryption not possible)
Reason: Crypto plug-in "openpgp" could not decrypt the data.
Error: Bad
         Encrypted data not shown.
End of encrypted message

Why am I only facing an issue when it comes to decrypting an email?

Thanks

Phil.