Re: Using SU_CMD=sudo results in files owned by the build-user

Lars Nordlund wrote:
Hi

When using SU_CMD=sudo in pkgsrc, some packages will install files owned
by the user who built the package. Is there some magic option I can
give to sudo to prevent this? Like now, I have 429 packages installed
and the number of files under /usr/pkg owned by myself is 1194. I would
rather see that 0 files are owned by myself in that location.

In some packages, for example wip/bub-n-bros, it is possible to "fix"
by changing the pax option pe to pp. In other packages the fix is less
obvious.

I've just added a warning to pkglint for exactly this case. If you find other common cases, please let me know.

Roland