Re: ocaml patches and update

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 03:05:18PM +0200, Antoine Reilles wrote:
> patch-at : configure             (many things...too many)

DragonFly and Interix support, profiling support on PPC, link threads
with -pthread on DragonFly, disable some checks for no-X11 operation,
Kill ndbm check, depend on bdb from pkgsrc. That should be what the
chunks are doing in order.

> patch-aa : asmcomp/i386/emit.mlp

Hm. This change is problematic, at least for DragonFly it seems
incorrect.

> patch-ac : asmcomp/power/emit.mlp

PPC, cna't comment.

> patch-ah : asmrun/power-bsd.S

Similiar.

> patch-ai : asmrun/i386.S   (assembly stuff I don't undestand)

Same issue as patch-aa, NetBSD expects __mcount, e.g. DragonFly needs
.mcount.

> patch-ab : otherlibs/dbm/cldbm.c

I guess we want to build against db, not gdbm :-)

> patch-ad : byterun/sys.c

ISO C compliance.

> patch-ag : yacc/Makefile   (i dont know)

Honor CFLAGS from pkgsrc.

> patch-aj : byterun/Makefile

Honor CFLAGS, use our install programs for better permission control.

> patch-ak : camlp4/etc/Makefile

Similiar, don't use INSTALL_PROGRAM (which can strip) for Ocaml
binaries.

Skipping the rest of the patch, which handle the same comproblem as aj
and ak.

Thanks for taking this uptream.

Joerg