Subject: KDE and smb protocol not happy
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Pereira <phil@bsdnexus.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/12/2006 19:47:43
Hi all,

I'm running NetBSD 3.0 with current pkgsrc (as of about a month ago). I
installed meta-pkgs/kde3 and configured the LISa daemon.

I can happily see other servers on my network via "lan://localhost/". If I
select ssh based folders (FISH) I am prompted for my username and password
and all works fine, as does HTTP; however, the issue is with samba folders
(SMB) - when I click one of these I get the error:

Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'smb'.

samba is installed and running, and my WindowsXP box is able to browse the
NetBSD samba shares and use them.

So what have I forgotten to setup in KDE3 to make klauncher happy with smb?

thanx

Phil.