Subject: Re: Could gimp be removed from the sane-frontends dependencies ?
To: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/10/2006 13:19:25
--=-=-=

  The graphics/sane-frontends package has a dependency on gimp which
  seems to me to be completely unnecessary (I commented it out and the
  package built and installed fine and scanimage works.
=20
xscanimage functions as a gimp plugin.  It works on my system, after
symlinking it following xscanimage(1):

  ln -s /usr/pkg/bin/xscanimage ~/.gimp-2.3/plug-ins/

It would be fair to make this settable PKG_OPTIONS, and I'd say it
should default to gimp support - I would expect most people with
scanners to want gimp.

=2D-=20
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

--=-=-=