Re: print/acroread7 won't print

Hello,

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Mark Davies wrote:

Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:57:55 +1200
From: Mark Davies <mark%mcs.vuw.ac.nz@localhost>
To: Stephan Thesing <thesing%cs.uni-sb.de@localhost>
Cc: pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: print/acroread7 won't print

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 22:44, Stephan Thesing wrote:
Hello,

I tried to print a document form acroread7 from print/acroread7 and it
segfaults.
ktrace'ing it, it seems that tries to open libcups.so, which is not
installed by the SuSE Linux Compat things in its dependencies.

I added a emulators/suse100_cups package that contains the necessary files
that enable acroread7 to print, patch attached below (it contains
libgnomecups, which I am not sure it needs, but whatever).

I struck the same problem so made a suse100_libcups package (didn't need
cups-client or libgnomecups) however I found that libcups had a dependency on
libssl so had to make  a suse100_openssl package as well.  Did you not strike
that?

I didn't came across that since I already had SuSE/ssl installed in a homemade package for compat nss_ldap support (instead of generating 7 packages for the nss_ldap stuff [openldap, cyrussasl, ssl, db, nss_ldap, krb5, libcom_err ] I just put all rpms into the suse100_nss_ldap package....]

I didn't bother to find all the deps for libcups and just stopped when it worked:-)))

So, if ssl and cups-libs are sufficient, they should be commited, I think.

BTW: Anybody interested in adding a suse100_nss_ldap package so that emulated binaries continue to work if nsswitch uses openldap as main backend?

Best regards.....
        Stephan

--
=  Tel.: +49-681-302-5571      = Universitaet des Saarlandes =
=  Fax.: +49-681-302-3065      = Postfach 15 11 50           =