Re: Getting the latest pkgsrc.tar.gz

Happy CVS'ing! ;-)

Hehe! Thank you thank you! Infact yesterday evening I even went thru
that 40 page printout of the CVS(1) manpage too. I figured I didn't
need to go thru the entire thing. What mattered to me was the
"checkout" and "update" commands, so I went thru those sections and
its command options etc. So now I totally know what I am doing when I
issue a command like "cvs up -dP".

One more question btw. ;)

I understand that the "-d" option (after "update")  tells the update
command to create any new directories that might be in the repository
but not in the local tree. Which is fine; but what about any
directories that might be in the local tree but NOT in the repository
-- do those get removed automatically?

For instance, say there's a package "www/mono" which was so far in the
repository and hence in my local tree too. One fine day "www/mono" is
removed from the repository coz its no longer working -- would a "cvs
up -dP" take care of removing "www/mono" from my local tree too?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
        NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
        http://man.netbsd.org/ (manpages)