Subject: Re: GNOME screensaver hangs
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/27/2006 14:15:21
> Which OS version are you using?
>
> There used to be a bug in NetBSD's libc which made that
> programs sometimes got stuck with a signal mask of
> "all blocked". Gnome apps hit this if "fam" is used rather
> than "gamin", which is the case normally.
> It was fixed in rev. 1.14 of lib/libc/rpc/clnt_vc.c,
> on 2006/04/25 18:54:51.
> The fix was pulled to the NetBSD-3 branch, but didn't make
> it into a formal release yet.

I am using NetBSD 3.0. And yup, I am using "fam".

I guess the easiest workaround for this would be to switch to "gamin"
then instead of "fam"? How do I do that? (I got "fam" running coz the
DESCR file of GNOME had instructions on how to enable "fam". But I
don't know how to use "gamin". Would be nice if someone could point
out).

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--=20
=09NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
=09http://search.gmane.org/?query=3D&group=3Dgmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)
=09http://man.netbsd.org/ (manpages)