Subject: Re: (GNOME) Totem and "Mutlimedia Systems Selector" issues
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/27/2006 09:53:50
> VLC might very well be the best option for Windows. During the
> last rare opportunity of having a Windows in front of me, it
> played everything without a hassle even seemingly obscure formats.
> After that I tried it on NetBSD and I have no clue what I did
> wrong but it hardly worked at all for me. It even depends on
> wxWindows which I have zero use for but all those dependencies
> took a hell lot of time compiling.

Yup. VLC is great in Windows. Plays everything without a hassle. But
in NetBSD, it kept jerking. It would start off fine, then after a few
mins give me jerky video output. I was running it the command line, so
I could see it give me some error messages about x-screensaver (which
I dont have installed on my machine). I dont know if the error
messages have anything to do with the jerky playback, but well, I do
have some problem with my screensaver and so that's a possibilty.

I think I'll give Mplayer a shot too. I keep hearing about it, haven't
tried it so far.

Rakhesh

--=20
=09NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10-102
=09http://search.gmane.org/?query=3D&group=3Dgmane.os.netbsd.* (archives)
=09http://man.netbsd.org/ (manpages)