Re: Errors with ".po" files

Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
Two questions:

1) Where can I report to when I find such errors? It doesn't matter to
me if "el.po" doesn't work and so I replace it with "de.po" -- chances
are I'll never be using the Italian translated versions anyways -- but
I am sure it matters to other people and so its best I report
somewhere.

If a .po file doesn't compile, then it's considered a bug and you can either post the problem here on pkgsrc-users@, or preferably by sending a PR on the issue (send-pr).

2) Any way I can compile my packages *without* all these extra
language supports thrown in? I just want English -- no need for
Italian and Dutch and all that.

No, I do not believe that is currently an option, though the idea is interesting for those who want to tune their builds. I have been working on a generic solution for limiting the files included in an installation, but it would not help in this case because it works during the install phase, not the build phase, so *.po file compilation errors would still cause the build to break.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny Lam <jlam%pkgsrc.org@localhost>