Subject: Re: Errors with ".po" files
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/26/2006 15:10:35
--EuxKj2iCbKjpUGkD

> Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> >2) Any way I can compile my packages *without* all these extra
> >language supports thrown in? I just want English -- no need for
> >Italian and Dutch and all that.

Since many packages use autoconf's configure, adding

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D --disable-nls

to the Makefile of the package would usually do the job.  If you don't
just "make install" packages, you'd also have to remove the references
to the ".po" files from the PLIST file.

I'd also appreciate a clean pkgsrc option to disable NLS.  I'm not
against translating, I just don't need it for myself. On the other
hand, you hardly safe diskspace or compile-time, so it might not
be worth the effort. It's only a problem if some .po file breaks
the compilation.

--=20
Christian

--EuxKj2iCbKjpUGkD