Subject: Re: Picasa
To: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/26/2006 13:45:58
On Friday 26 May 2006 08:07, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> Google release Picasa for Linux
> (http://trends.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/05/25/2343255&from=rss).
> It runs thru WINE.
>
> The article repeatedly says Picasa is for Linux. I don't get it -- if
> Picasa runs using WINE, and since WINE is there for NetBSD (and
> whatever patches Google made too will eventually get thru to NetBSD),
> we should eventually be able to run Picasa on NetBSD right? Unless
> ofcourse I hope the Google patches to WINE are not Linux specific or
> something ... Any comments?

If Picasa is running through wine it is still a windows application.
Unfortunately wine does not work on NetBSD it  tries to configure itself and
just sits there eating your cpu.

So if we had a working WINE then picasa would probably run.

Mark

--
The NetBSD CVS Digest http://digest.coris.org.uk
RSS feed http://digest.coris.org.uk/feeds/cvs-rss.xml