Re: packages modifying httpd.conf?

Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Hmm.. I think http.conf configuration should always be reviewed by the
> admin before being used.  The scheme currently used by some packages (e.g.
> phpldapadmin) seems ok to me: they install a conf include snippet and
> point
> to it in their MESSAGE.  That way an admin can .include it from their own
> http.conf (it will always have the right paths etc), or copy/paste it into
> their http.conf and modify it to their likings.
>
>       Geert

I agree with Geert

As the admin of my box, I should be in control of what is added the the
conf file and how. I have found mod_perl's pkgsrc MESSAGE file to be ideal
- where it details the changes I need to make to enable mod_perl in
Apache. It also aids me in understanding the httpd.conf file.

Phil.