Subject: nuking netscape7
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/24/2006 10:24:02
--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN

Hi all,

Looking at the terrible track record the netscape7 binary package has
with numerous security vulnerabilities known and no fixes available
(and unlikely to ever be released), I'd be inclined to remove this
package from pkgsrc altogether.

The mozilla-bin packages are good alternatives, and netscape7 does not
offer any additional functionality not provided by any of the other
browsers to the best of my knowledge.

If nobody objects, then I intend to remove the package by next
Wendesday.

-Jan

--=20
Wenn ich tot bin, mir soll mal Einer mit Auferstehung oder so
kommen, ich hau ihm eine rein! (Anonym)

--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN

--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN--