Re: mailman group?

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
There are indeed conflicts between mailman and postfix.  Setting
MAILMAN_MAILGROUP=mailman solves them, if I recall -- at any rate, that's
what I have, and it does work.  But I've had trouble in the past, though
recent versions of mailman have been a lot better.

MAILMAN_MAILGROUP=mailman does not seem to work with sendmail.
Postfix seems to run with gid 12 ("postfix"), so that's indeed bad.

I guess I'll going to change this to 'daemon' now, and add a comment for postfix.

That's not optimal, but better than the given status.

 - Hubert