Re: Packages broken in 2005Q4 and 2006Q1

On Thu, 18 May 2006, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> The following package were marked as BROKEN_IN pkgsrc-2005Q4
> and are now also marked as BROKEN_IN pkgsrc-2006Q1.
>
> net/ppp-lzs: plunky%rya-online.net@localhost
>
> Are they marked incorrectly?
> If not, is someone interested in fixing them?
>
> Otherwise, I'll probably remove them in two weeks.

I know the reason for this, it is that the package was made to patch
against the in-tree version of pppd but that has been updated in -current
(maybe 3.0 too?) so the patches no longer apply.

Since pppd is in pkgsrc now, I have a plan (on the back burner) to split
the package such that the pppd patches add to net/pppd and the LKM module
is in net/lzs-lkm.

So yes, "net/ppp-lzs" can probably be removed already, though I expect it
still works fine on 2.x

iain