Subject: py-xml an eric3 dependancy?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Voris <jvoris@cs.stevens.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/05/2006 20:01:45
--------------enigDBBA5E5E8BADB9ED3EB5803D

Hello,

I was pleased to see my favorite Python IDE, eric3, in pkgsrc. I
installed eric-3.8.1 without any issues and it ran correctly the first
time. When I tried running it again, though, it wouldn't make it past
the splash screen.

It turns out that eric3 stores template and task information in its
user's home directory as XML files when it is closed. Without py-xml it
can't process these files, so it chokes when it tries to read them on
subsequent runs.

I installed py23-xml-0.8.4nb2 and eric3 now runs properly, so it seems
that py23-xml should be registered as an eric3 dependency. Is this PR
worthy?

Jon Voris