Subject: acroread has stopped working for me...
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 04/16/2006 11:57:14
Yesterday, I reinstalled all out-of-date packages, from pkgsrc HEAD.  I
can no longer run acroread7:

	GTK+ UI Toolkit libraries, ver. 2.4 or greater were not found.

I tried deleting and reinstalling all of the suse91 packages:

$ pkg_info -a|grep suse
suse_base-9.1nb9    Linux compatibility package
suse_compat-9.1nb1  Linux compatibility package with old shared libraries
suse_x11-9.1nb4     Linux compatibility package for X11 binaries
suse_libpng-9.1nb4  Linux compatibility package for the PNG library
suse_libjpeg-9.1nb2 Linux compatibility package for the JPEG library
suse_freetype2-9.1nb2 Linux compatibility package for FreeType2 library
suse_openmotif-9.1nb3 Linux compatibility package for the Motif library
suse_gtk-9.1nb1     Linux compatibility package for GTK binaries
suse_locale-9.1nb1  Locale files for the Linux compatibility package
suse-9.1nb1         Provides a SuSE-based Linux binary emulation environment
suse_expat-9.1nb2   Linux compatibility package for expat binaries
suse_libtiff-9.1nb3 Linux compatibility package for the TIFF library
suse_fontconfig-9.1nb1 Linux compatibility package for fontconfig binaries
suse_gtk2-9.1nb5    Linux compatibility package for GTK2 binaries

As you can see, suse_gtk and suse_gtk2 are present.  If it matters -- and I
suspect it does -- I run xorg.  All of the machines involved run -current,
but I haven't changed my kernel in a few weeks, so I doubt that that's at fault.
openoffice2-bin, firefox-bin, and aim all work, so it's not the Linux emulation
per se.