Re: maintaining pkgsrc packages (was: Re: bug reports)

> And yes, i'd like to contribute (and probably maintain) some packages
> to pkgsrc repository. At least this one
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33203
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/dictem

> But now, it will be good if my reports will be fixed, at least this one
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33232 ;)

Fine! The bug above is fixed. Thanks to Roland Illig.
What about this one (text-proc/dict-server)? ;)
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33227

I copy here a few notes about my patch.

fixes and improvements:
1) rc.d script is provided for dictd
2) group dictd and user dictd are created.
   They are necessary for dictd daemon.
3) MESSAGE file is provided
4) /var/log/dictd directory is created with appropriate permissions
5) post-patch section has been removed from Makefile.
   It is not necessary for years.
6) libltdl stuff has been removed. Under NetBSD it is not required
   because native dlopen API is detected and used.
   It should be optional depending on a platform.
Note: /var/run/dictd.pid is not created by dictd-1.9.15
      (i.e. /etc/rc.d/dictd stop will not work)
      Later versions do. Upgrade?

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.