Re: gettext-tools not building on Debian GNU/Linux powerpc

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lintl

I was not able yet to test this teh same. But I am now building
gettext-runtime with two changes:

I set PREFER.native+=gettext in my mk.conf and
commented out USE_BUILTIN.gettext in the Makefile.

But in your case with defaults, the USE_BUILTIN.gettext forces you to use
the pkgsrc version and that forces the gettext-lib to be installed as far
as I can understand this.

Do you have gettext-lib installed? (I assume you do.)

Sorry I can't help a lot right now.

Can you please send-pr this problem? (Submit to GNATS PR database.) And
then hopefully someone can work on this.

(If someone can provide me with a login to a test environment I can spend
a little time on this.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'