Re: textproc/intltool

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Andy Ball wrote:

> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
> required for intltool

The real error would be listed in your "config.log".

> ===> Please investigate the following for more information:
> ===>      * config.log

> hunter# cat config.log
> cat: config.log: No such file or directory

It is in your WRKSRC directory, like maybe at
/usr/src/pkgsrc/textproc/intltool/work/intltool-0.34.2/config.log

I have seen this problem before when the perl module is installed but in
the wrong place.

The perl module was changed:

revision 1.25
date: 2005/08/06 06:19:34;  author: jlam;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
Bump the PKGREVISIONs of all (638) packages that hardcode the locations
of Perl files to deal with the perl-5.8.7 update that moved all
pkgsrc-installed Perl files into the "vendor" directories.

What version of p5-XML-Parser do you have installed?

Maybe if you install at least XML-Parser-2.34nb3 the problem will be
fixed. (I don't know for sure since I don't know real error message.)

If that is the fix, the DEPENDS line in your Makefile can be updated to
require at least that.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'