Re: when to bump the revision number?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 08:15:38PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I want to change the MESSAGE.NetBSD file on a package.  Do I bump the
> revision number when I do?

Yes, because the file is included in the binary package, therefore the
revision should be bumped.  E.g., you won't bump if a change only makes
a package compile on a platform it didn't compile before, because it
doesn't change the binary package--there wasn't one.

Changing MAINTAINER is another example:  the binary package doesn't
include that information.

Of course, there some situations where it doesn't matter much (e.g.,
fixing a typo in MESSAGE).

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost