Re.: Problems with KDE 3.5

>6. kicker got a segmentation violation and core dumped leaving the the kdm in
>   an state where you can't do anything.

>The core dump of kicker is the biggest problem and then the undefined symbols.

Concerning the kicker problem, I think that bug has been fixed in KDE 3.5.1, I
suggest you upgrade.  (I think you'll have to build it from pkgsrc.)

See the 3.5.1 changelog for the kicker reference:
http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog3_5to3_5_1.php

I noticed this problem with 3.5 too (though it wasn't serious for me because I
don't use kdm), and I haven't seen it recur since I went to 3.5.1.

Dave