Re: net/net-snmp, bash, and Darwin/MacOSX

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 09:56:46AM -0500, Mark E. Perkins wrote:
> A recent change to net/net-snmp by rillig@ adds a dependency on
> shells/bash. Darwin/MacOSX already has /bin/bash (v2.05), so I don't
> think this change is necessary for Darwin/MacOSX (unless there is
> something here that really requires bash v3.1).

bash here is only needed for one script: local/mib2c-update
It would be nice to find what requires bash in this script.
Quickly browsing it, i only see one [[ ]] that could be converted to use
test.
otherwise, it looks like the script could simply use sh, with few
patches.

antoine