Re: gcc with openssl on Solaris and NetBSD complains about prototypes

Klaus Heinz wrote:
Christian Biere wrote:

Just a guess, but gcc installs cached and fixed versions of the header
files in /usr/include. For other locations gcc is less tolerant.

Do you want to say gcc decides to check prototypes differently depending
on the location where it finds the files? I find that hard to believe.

I do not. I have skimmed over the gcc source code to find out whether files in /usr/include automatically get the "#pragma GCC system_header". I couldn't verify this (neither positively nor negatively), but I wouldn't be surprised if gcc worked like that.

Roland