Re: Feedback for new pkg: sysutils/oak

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Jason White wrote:

> I've created a package for Oak, a syslog reporting tool, and would like some
> feedback on the construction of the package.  Tarball can be found at:
> http://www.jdwhite.org/~jdwhite/oak_pkg.tgz

You may want to consider using pkgsrc-wip for testing and review.

Also, pkgtools/pkglint shows your package is good.

My comments:

EGDIR is not needed. Only one use. So simplify this. And use
share/examples/oak/ as the examples directory not just share/examples/.
And fix MESSAGE and PLIST to add that subdirectory (and in PLIST have a
@dirrm share/examples/oak also).

EGFILES not needed. Only one use. So simplify.

Use INSTALLATION_DIRS+= share/examples/oak to precreate directory.

Why the MESSAGE? Can the share/examples/oak/oak.conf be used as is (once
put into place)? If so, use CONF_FILES to install automatically.

Be sure to send your patches, suggestions and manpage to the upstream
developer(s).

Looks good other than I didn't build it.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'