Re: multimedia/gst-plugins0.10-{base, good}

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 segv%netctl.net@localhost wrote:

> OK I don't understand the functionality of those plugins, but disabling
> everything would make the package useless wouldn't it? I mean I need the
> plugins to play ogg audio files for example, why disable it?

I believe the plan is so someone can choose the specific plugin they need
and no be forced to bring in all the dependencies or restrictions around
the plugins they don't need.

Look at the audio and multimedia category gst-plugins* packages. If the
actual plugin you need is missing, this probably just means that nobody
has stepped up to package it yet. (It should be easy since there are many
examples. And I see 0.8 versions available.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

                         BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                         http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/