Subject: Re: postfix 250-AUTH line
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: OBATA Akio <obata@lins.jp>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 02/26/2006 16:41:17
In message <20060225132715.u2q3h0034s8s408c@webmail.musc.edu>
   "Re: postfix 250-AUTH line"
   "nida@musc.edu" wrote:

> What do I need to install to be able to use the other machanisms?  Even though
> I'm using TLS/SSL on the line, I really have reservations about sending
> usernames and passwords in plaintext.
>
> A little background.  I'm accepting mail for the domain labthug.com and
> have all
> mail sent to this domain going to a local unix account.  I want to be able to
> authenticate the username and password against the information in /etc/passwd
> and friends using the pam subsystem.

No way exsits to use any non-plaintext autentication mecanisms with /etc/passwd .

For examples, save username and plain password information into mysql database,
and use pam-mysql to autenticate OS account, use cy2-sql plugin for SASL,
it's OK to use non-plaintext authentication mecanisms.

--
OBATA Akio
obata@lins.jp