[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
[pkgsrc/trunk]: pkgsrc/textproc/xapian Update to 1.4.14. From the changelog:
user: schmonz <schmonz%pkgsrc.org@localhost>
date: Tue Dec 17 03:52:58 2019 +0000
Update to 1.4.14. From the changelog:
* Xapian::QueryParser: Handle "" inside a quoted phrase better. In a quoted
boolean term, "" is treated as an escaped ", so handle it in a compatible way
for quoted phrases. Previously we'd drop out of the phrase and start a new
phrase. Fixes #630, reported by Austin Clements.
* Xapian::Stem: The constructor which takes a stemmer name now takes an
optional second bool parameter - if this is true, then an unknown stemmer
name falls back to using the "none" stemmer instead of throwing an exception.
This allows simply constructing a stemmer from an ISO language code without
having to worry about whether there's a stemmer for that language, and
without having to handle an exception if there isn't.
* Xapian::Stem: Fix a bug with handling 4-byte UTF-8 sequences which
potentially affects most of the stemmers. None of the stemmers work in
languages where 4-byte UTF-8 sequences are part of the alphabet, but this
bug could result in invalid UTF-8 sequences in terms generated from text
containing high Unicode codepoints such as emoji, which can cause issues (for
example, in some language bindings). Fix synced from Snowball git post
2.0.0. Reported by Ilari Nieminen in
* Xapian::Stem: Add a new is_none() method which tests if this is a "none"
* Xapian::Weight: The total length of all documents is now made available to
Xapian::Weight subclasses, and this is now used by DLHWeight, DPHWeight and
LMWeight. To maintain ABI compatibility, internally this still fetches the
average length and the number of documents, multiplies them, then rounds the
result, but in the next release series this will be handled directly.
* Xapian::Database::locked() on an inmemory database used to always return
false, but an inmemory Database is always actually a WritableDatabase
underneath, so now we always report true in this case because it's really
always report being locked for writing.
* Fix write one past end of std::vector on certain QueryParser parser errors.
This is undefined behaviour, but the write was always into reserved space, so
in practice we'd actually get away with it (it was noticed because it
triggers an error when running under ubsan and using libc++). Reported by
Germ?n M. Bravo.
* MSet::get_matches_estimated(): Improve rounding of result - a bug meant we
would almost always round down.
* Optimise test for UTF-8 continuation character. Performing a signed char
comparison shaves an instruction or two on most architectures.
* Database::get_revision(): Return revision 0 for a Database with no shards
rather that throwing InvalidOperationError.
* DPHWeight: Avoid dividing by 0 when searching a sharded database when one
shard is empty. The result wasn't used in this case, but it's still
undefined behaviour. Detected by UBSan.
* Fix failing multi_glass_remoteprog_glass tests on x86. When the tests are
run under valgrind, remote servers should be run using the runsrv wrapper
script, but this wasn't happening for remote servers in multi-databases - now
it is. Also, previously runsrv only used valgrind for the remote for an x86
build that didn't use SSE, but it seems there are x87 instructions in libc
that are affected by valgrind not providing excess precision, so do this for
x86 builds which use SSE too. Together these changes fix failures of
topercent2, xor2, tradweight1 under backend multi_glass_remoteprog_glass on
* Fix C++ One-Definition Rule (ODR) violation in testsuite code. Two different
source files linked into apitest were each defining a different `struct
test`. Wrap each in an anonymous namespace to localise it to the file it is
defined and used in. This was probably harmless in practice, unless trying
to build with Link-Time Optimisation or similar (which is how it was
* Test all language codes in stemlangs1. The testsuite hardcodes a list of
supported language codes which hadn't been updated since 2008.
* Improve DateRangeProcessor test coverage.
* The "singlefile" test harness backend manager now creates databases by
compacting the corresponding underlying backend database (creating it first
if need be) rather than always creating a temporary database to compact.
* Enable compaction testcases for multi and singlefile test harness backends.
* Add generated database support for remoteprog and remotetcp test harness
backends. Implemented by Tanmay Sachan.
* Add test harness support for running testcases using a multi database
comprised of one local and one remote shard, or two remote shards.
Implemented by Tanmay Sachan.
* Check if removing existing multi stub failed. Previously if removing an
existing stub failed, the test harness would create a temporary new stub and
then try to rename it over the old one, which will always fail on Microsoft
* Wait for xapian-tcpsrv processes to finish before moving on to the next
testcase under __WIN32__ like we already do on POSIX platforms.
* Handle pruning under a positional check. This used to be impossible, but
since 1.4.13 it can happen as we now hoist AND_NOT to just below where we
hoist the positional checks. The code on master already handles pruning here
so this bug is specific to the RELEASE/1.4 branch. Fixes #796, reported by
* When searching with collapsing over multiple shards, at least some of which
are remote, uncollapsed_upper_bound could be too low and
uncollapsed_lower_bound too high. This was causing assertion failures in
testcases msize1 and msize2 under test harness backends
multi_glass_remoteprog_glass and multi_remoteprog_glass.
* Internally we no longer calculate a bogus total_term_count as the sum of
total_length * doc_count for all shards. Instead we just use the sum of
total_length, which gives the total number of term occurrences. This change
should improve the estimated collection_freq values for synonyms.
* Several places where we might divide zero by zero in a database where wdf was
always zero have been fixed.
* Optimise OP_AND_NOT better. We now combine its left argument with other
connected and-like subqueries, and gather up and hoist the negated subqueries
and apply them together above the combined and-like subqueries, just below
any positional filters.
* Optimise OP_AND_MAYBE better. We now combine its left argument with other
connected and-like subqueries, and gather up and hoist the optional
subqueries and apply them together above the combined and-like subqueries and
any hoisted positional filters.
* Treat all BoolWeight queries as scaled by 0 - we can optimise better if we
know the query is unweighted.
* configure: Stop using AC_FUNC_MEMCMP. The autoconf manual marks it as
"obsolescent", and it seems clear that nobody's relying on it as we're
missing the "'AC_LIBOBJ' replacement for 'memcmp'" which it would try to
use if needed.
* Allow zlib compression to reduce size by one byte. We were specifying an
output buffer size one byte smaller than the input, but it appears zlib won't
use the final byte in the buffer, so we actually need to pass the input size
as the output buffer size.
* Only try to compress Btree item values > 18 bytes, which saves CPU time
without sacrificing any significant size savings.
* Fix match stats when searching with collapsing over multiple shards and at
least some shards are remote. Bug discovered by Tanmay Sachan's test harness
* Ignore orphaned remote protocol replies which can happen when searching with
a remote shard if an exception is thrown by another shard. Bug discovered
by Tanmay Sachan's test harness improvements.
* Wait for xapian-progsrv child to exit when a remote Database or
WritableDatabase object is closed under __WIN32__ like we already do for
* HACKING: Replace release docs with pointer to the developer guide where they
are now maintained.
* Correct documentation of initial messages in replication protocol.
* quest: Report bounds and estimate of number of matches.
* xapian-delve: Improve output when database revision information is not
available. We now specially handle the cases of a DB with multiple shards
and a backend which doesn't support get_revision().
* Eliminate 2 uses of atoi(). These are potentially problematic in a
multithreaded application if setlocale() is called by another thread at the
same time. See #665.
* Don't check __GNUC__ in visibility.h as the configure probe before defining
XAPIAN_ENABLE_VISIBILITY checks that the visibility attributes work. This
probably makes no difference in practice, as all compilers we're aware of
which support symbol visibility also define __GNUC__.
* Document Sun C++ requires --disable-shared. Closes #631.
* Fix warning from GCC 9 with -Wdeprecated-copy (which is enabled by -Wextra)
if a reference to an Error object is thrown.
* Suppress GCC warning in our API headers when compiling code using Xapian with
GCC and -Wduplicated-branches.
* Mark some internal classes as final (following GCC -Wsuggest-final-types
suggestions to allow some method calls to be devirtualised).
* Fix to build with --enable-maintainer-mode and Perl < 5.10, which doesn't
have the `//=` operator. It's unlikely developers will have such an old
Perl, but the mingw environment on appveyor CI does. The use of `//=` was
introduced by changes in 1.4.10.
textproc/xapian/Makefile.common | 4 ++--
textproc/xapian/distinfo | 10 +++++-----
textproc/xapian/distinfo-bindings | 10 +++++-----
3 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
diffs (53 lines):
diff -r 5f5c7fd889c2 -r 0a2aa1d753c7 textproc/xapian/Makefile.common
--- a/textproc/xapian/Makefile.common Tue Dec 17 01:59:31 2019 +0000
+++ b/textproc/xapian/Makefile.common Tue Dec 17 03:52:58 2019 +0000
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-# $NetBSD: Makefile.common,v 1.9 2019/08/02 21:28:12 schmonz Exp $
+# $NetBSD: Makefile.common,v 1.10 2019/12/17 03:52:58 schmonz Exp $
# used by textproc/csharp-xapian/Makefile
# used by textproc/lua-xapian/Makefile
# used by textproc/p5-Xapian/Makefile
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@
# used by textproc/xapian/Makefile
# used by textproc/xapian-omega/Makefile
diff -r 5f5c7fd889c2 -r 0a2aa1d753c7 textproc/xapian/distinfo
--- a/textproc/xapian/distinfo Tue Dec 17 01:59:31 2019 +0000
+++ b/textproc/xapian/distinfo Tue Dec 17 03:52:58 2019 +0000
@@ -1,8 +1,8 @@
-$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.36 2019/08/02 21:28:12 schmonz Exp $
+$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.37 2019/12/17 03:52:58 schmonz Exp $
-SHA1 (xapian-core-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 4db3d2f14b6eedfdae60069f4dccc252e2944fc9
-RMD160 (xapian-core-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 0a25d7792062f597cf26946ce4e1af56f2e6c5e9
-SHA512 (xapian-core-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 230b39e012366267cf5ea09d01d3b463818c0d05861b8c8643bc6fc238be21bd3f4862adeba864b4af2962b1c0748b3d380dfe845da467f5164b0d938288c430
-Size (xapian-core-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 2979052 bytes
+SHA1 (xapian-core-1.4.14.tar.xz) = 17527a8bfa8254d3755b4b482157c245f33ea53d
+RMD160 (xapian-core-1.4.14.tar.xz) = bc94fe04ae8b8e7eb3505524a31a532dca58a802
+SHA512 (xapian-core-1.4.14.tar.xz) = c08c9abe87e08491566b7cfa8cda9e2a80e4959a647428b6d82bce7af1c967b4cb463607ffb8976372a980c163923ced36117a66e0b5a1f35659393def3d371b
+Size (xapian-core-1.4.14.tar.xz) = 2970624 bytes
SHA1 (patch-common_safesyssocket.h) = 032d441853914d510bc285bb682a98c4ee264d52
SHA1 (patch-xapian-config.in) = 470d1de7f04b8b8817abbcf56b5b71a36948de97
diff -r 5f5c7fd889c2 -r 0a2aa1d753c7 textproc/xapian/distinfo-bindings
--- a/textproc/xapian/distinfo-bindings Tue Dec 17 01:59:31 2019 +0000
+++ b/textproc/xapian/distinfo-bindings Tue Dec 17 03:52:58 2019 +0000
@@ -1,9 +1,9 @@
-$NetBSD: distinfo-bindings,v 1.15 2019/08/31 19:31:03 schmonz Exp $
+$NetBSD: distinfo-bindings,v 1.16 2019/12/17 03:52:58 schmonz Exp $
-SHA1 (xapian-bindings-1.4.12.tar.xz) = ce70a047516fdea3106b92e235f3ca038faba7f2
-RMD160 (xapian-bindings-1.4.12.tar.xz) = b1743d1c67ae32af4074eb40b3eea90493bcbe1d
-SHA512 (xapian-bindings-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 08190a70fe2548be50d82192f94158fd5d6839534b5ba7e0fdbcec7e99df29f0be6517603e7a66a474dffef94ea6bd2e6b7a3315717056687c6a205c25908b45
-Size (xapian-bindings-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 1132048 bytes
+SHA1 (xapian-bindings-1.4.14.tar.xz) = 3589216601876c88362565e0e6a1475a6c09c8d7
+RMD160 (xapian-bindings-1.4.14.tar.xz) = 3b1bd8bf54ae3708404b428341ac7874bb5bf7be
+SHA512 (xapian-bindings-1.4.14.tar.xz) = 6d35c6c011c6d841254934f4dd59f4a2b842fe826af108e526cde9acbccec67b43517974331b21cbee5e828d0743aa5b9b973a96e1940065fbcfc342b8f23ead
+Size (xapian-bindings-1.4.14.tar.xz) = 1132008 bytes
SHA1 (patch-configure) = d1c3edf1efcd105aef23bf9245650971f8df6ced
SHA1 (patch-lua_Makefile.in) = 7f1c5077f0d46dfdf33c2b65f144bb08d5031330
SHA1 (patch-perl_Makefile.in) = 993b137b319d7d28c2b3a70d2e46e1a38d380578
Main Index |
Thread Index |