[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
[pkgsrc/trunk]: pkgsrc/textproc/xapian Update to 1.4.12. From the changelog:
user: schmonz <schmonz%pkgsrc.org@localhost>
date: Fri Aug 02 21:28:12 2019 +0000
Update to 1.4.12. From the changelog:
* Xapian::PostingSource: When a PostingSource without a clone() method is used
with a Database containing multiple shards, the documented behaviour has
always been that Xapian::InvalidOperationError is thrown. However, since at
least 1.4.0, this exception hasn't been thrown, but instead a single
PostingSource object would get used for all the shards, typically leading to
incorrect results. The actual behaviour now matches what was documented.
* Xapian::Database: Add size() method which reports the number of shards.
* Xapian::Database::check(): You can now pass a stub database which will check
all the databases listed in it (or throw Xapian::UnimplementError for
backends which don't support checking).
* Xapian::Document: When updating a document use a emplace_hint() to make the
bulk insertion O(n) instead of O(n?log(n)), and use std::move() to avoid
copying OmDocumentTerm objects.
* Xapian::Query: Add missing get_unique_terms_end() method.
* Xapian::iterator_valid(): Implement for Utf8Iterator
* Fix keepalive1 failures on some platforms. On some platforms a timeout
gives NetworkTimeoutError and on others NetworkError - since 1.4.10 changed
to checking the exact exception type, keepalive1 has been failing on the
former set of platforms. We now just check for NetworkError or a subclass
here (since NetworkTimeoutError is a subclass of NetworkError).
* Run cursordelbug1 testcase with multi databases too.
* Ownership of PostingSource objects during the match now makes use of the
optional reference-counting mechanism rather than a separate flag.
* Fix remote protocol design bug. Previously some messages didn't send a reply
but could result in an exception being sent over the link. That exception
would then get read as a response to the next message instead of its actual
response so we'd be out of step. Fixes #783, reported by Germ?n M. Bravo.
This fix necessitated a minor version bump in the remote protocol (to 39.1).
If you are upgrading a live system which uses the remote backend, upgrade the
servers before the clients.
* Fix socket leaks on errors during opening a database. Fixes
https://github.com/xapian/xapian/pull/237 and #781, reported by Germ?n M.
* Don't close remote DB socket on receiving EOF as the levels above won't
know it's been closed and may try to perform operations on it, which would be
problematic if that fd gets reused in the meantime. Leaving it open means
any further operations will also get EOF. Reported by Germ?n M. Bravo.
* We add a wrapper around the libc socket() function which deals with the
corner case where SOCK_CLOEXEC is defined but socket() fails if it is
specified (which can happen with a newer libc and older kernel).
Unfortunately, this wrapper wasn't checking the returned value from socket()
correctly, so when SOCK_CLOEXEC was specified and non-zero it would create
the socket() with SOCK_CLOEXEC, then leak that one and create it again
without SOCK_CLOEXEC. We now check the return value properly.
* Fix potential infinite loop in ValueCountMatchSpy::merge_results() if passed
serialised results with extra data appended (which shouldn't happen in normal
* Current versions of valgrind result in false positives on current versions of
macOS, so on this platform configure now only enables use of valgrind if it's
specified explicitly. Fixes #713, reported by Germ?n M. Bravo.
* Refactor macros to probe for compiler flags so they automatically cache
their results and consistently report success/failure.
* Rename our custom TYPE_SOCKLEN_T macro to XAPIAN_TYPE_SOCKLEN_T. The
AX_TYPE_SOCKLEN_T macro defines an alias of TYPE_SOCKLEN_T for itself which
means it can get used instead in some situations, but it isn't compatible
with our macro. We can't just switch to AX_TYPE_SOCKLEN_T as it doesn't
handle cases we need, so just rename our macro to avoid potential problems.
* Improve API documentation for Xapian::Query class. Add missing doc
comments and improve some of the existing ones. Problems highlighted by
????? ???????? in #790.
* Add Unicode consortium names and codes for categories from Chapter 4, Version
11 of the Unicode standard. Patch from David Bremner.
* Improve configure --help output - drop "[default=no]" for --enable-*
options which default off. Fixes #791, reported by and patch from ?????
* Fix API documentation typo - Query::op (the type) not op_ (a parameter name).
* Note which version Document::remove_postings() was added in.
* In the remote protocol documentation, MSG_REPLACEDOCUMENTTERM was documented
as not having a reply, but actually REPLY_ADDDOCUMENT is sent.
* Update list of <xapian/iterator.h> users.
* copydatabase: A change in 1.4.6 which added support for \ as directory
separator on platforms where that's the norm broke the code in copydatabase
which removes a trailing slash from input databases. Bug reported and
culprit commit identified by Eric Wong.
* Resolve crash on Windows when using clang-cl and MSVC. Reported by Christian
Mollekopf in https://github.com/xapian/xapian/pull/256.
* Add missing '#include <cstring>'. Patch from Tanmay Sachan.
* Fix str() helper function when converting the most negative value
of a signed integer type.
* Avoid calling close() on fd we know must actually be a WIN32 SOCKET.
* Include <ios> not <iomanip> for std::boolalpha.
* Rework setenv() compatibility handling. Now that Solaris 9 is dead we can
assume setenv() is provided by Unix-like platforms (POSIX requires it). For
other platforms, provide a compatibility implementation of setenv() which
so the compatibility code is encapsulated in one place rather than replicated
at every use.
* Fix maintainer-mode builds on Solaris where /bin/tr is not POSIX compliant.
We now use the simple workaround suggested by the autoconf manual.
* Improve support for Sun C++ (see #631):
+ Suppress unhelpful warning for lambda with multiple return statements.
+ Enable reporting the tags corresponding to warnings, which we need
to know in order to suppress any new unhelpful warnings.
+ Adjust our workaround for bug with this compiler's <cmath> header to avoid
a compiler warning.
+ Use -xldscope=symbolic for Sun C++. This flag is roughly equivalent to
-Bsymbolic-functions which we've probed for with GNU ld since Xapian 1.0.0.
And from the changelog for the language bindings:
* Update bindings HACKING document. Reported as out of date by Niwesh Gupta.
* Work around mono terminfo parsing bug - older cli-sn fails with e.g.
TERM=xterm-256color due to: https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/6752
Encountered on Kubuntu 18.10 and debugged by Tejasvi Tomar. Seems to be
fixed in the mono version in Debian buster.
* Suppress warnings from older Perl headers due to use of constructs which look
like C++11 user-defined literals. They're fixed in newer versions so they're
just noise in our build. We were working around these in the CI build, so
drop that workaround as we want to make the build warning-clean for users
too. Reported by daniel93 on #xapian.
* Fix build for changes in Sphinx 2.0 (which drops support for sphinx.main()).
Fixes #778, reported by karolyi. Also reported by Gaurav Arora.
* We now throw UnicodeEncodeError for bad Unicode string input. Previously
cases such as a lone surrogate would be handled by quietly skipping the bad
codepoints when converting to UTF-8 to pass to Xapian.
* We no longer use the deprecated old-style Py_UNICODE API, which currently
gives deprecation warnings and is slated to be removed in Python 4.0.
* Add support for block iteration. All the iterator methods in the Ruby API
now accept an optional block. If no block is given an array is returned so
existing code will still work. Partly based on a patch in
https://github.com/xapian/xapian/pull/232 from Cong Ding.
* Add missing wrappers for all the C++ methods returning iterators which
weren't wrapped for Ruby. Fixes #777, reported by do.
* Suppress warnings from Ruby 2.3 headers due to use of register and
constructs which look like C++11 user-defined literals. They're fixed in
newer versions so they're just noise in our build. We were working around
these in the CI build, so drop that workaround as we want to make the build
warning-clean for users too. Reported by daniel93 on #xapian.
* smoketest.rb: Don't leave temporary databases behind in /tmp.
textproc/xapian/Makefile | 3 +--
textproc/xapian/Makefile.common | 4 ++--
textproc/xapian/PLIST | 3 ++-
textproc/xapian/distinfo | 10 +++++-----
textproc/xapian/distinfo-bindings | 10 +++++-----
5 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
diffs (85 lines):
diff -r 7c44a4545c35 -r c26420ad64e0 textproc/xapian/Makefile
--- a/textproc/xapian/Makefile Fri Aug 02 18:55:17 2019 +0000
+++ b/textproc/xapian/Makefile Fri Aug 02 21:28:12 2019 +0000
@@ -1,10 +1,9 @@
-# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.35 2019/06/07 13:37:39 ryoon Exp $
+# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.36 2019/08/02 21:28:12 schmonz Exp $
COMMENT= Probabilistic Information Retrieval search engine
diff -r 7c44a4545c35 -r c26420ad64e0 textproc/xapian/Makefile.common
--- a/textproc/xapian/Makefile.common Fri Aug 02 18:55:17 2019 +0000
+++ b/textproc/xapian/Makefile.common Fri Aug 02 21:28:12 2019 +0000
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-# $NetBSD: Makefile.common,v 1.8 2019/03/04 01:38:00 schmonz Exp $
+# $NetBSD: Makefile.common,v 1.9 2019/08/02 21:28:12 schmonz Exp $
# used by textproc/csharp-xapian/Makefile
# used by textproc/lua-xapian/Makefile
# used by textproc/p5-Xapian/Makefile
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@
# used by textproc/xapian/Makefile
# used by textproc/xapian-omega/Makefile
diff -r 7c44a4545c35 -r c26420ad64e0 textproc/xapian/PLIST
--- a/textproc/xapian/PLIST Fri Aug 02 18:55:17 2019 +0000
+++ b/textproc/xapian/PLIST Fri Aug 02 21:28:12 2019 +0000
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-@comment $NetBSD: PLIST,v 1.15 2019/02/12 19:21:18 schmonz Exp $
+@comment $NetBSD: PLIST,v 1.16 2019/08/02 21:28:12 schmonz Exp $
@@ -455,6 +455,7 @@
diff -r 7c44a4545c35 -r c26420ad64e0 textproc/xapian/distinfo
--- a/textproc/xapian/distinfo Fri Aug 02 18:55:17 2019 +0000
+++ b/textproc/xapian/distinfo Fri Aug 02 21:28:12 2019 +0000
@@ -1,8 +1,8 @@
-$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.35 2019/06/07 13:37:39 ryoon Exp $
+$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.36 2019/08/02 21:28:12 schmonz Exp $
-SHA1 (xapian-core-1.4.11.tar.xz) = c1e452e4dc59351a72214ae24cf2b7a6c10fc9ef
-RMD160 (xapian-core-1.4.11.tar.xz) = 8e14120ebb8ea4b09e1e71ea784051577bb8daa9
-SHA512 (xapian-core-1.4.11.tar.xz) = 72ab7b0c774390f38319d241689b2dc3c2837fbbf933616574f6ad167f14a25c2eff747910022065508dc7c44f806dc2b71dae80a1b4f1f47e1675fb951bc785
-Size (xapian-core-1.4.11.tar.xz) = 2975524 bytes
+SHA1 (xapian-core-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 4db3d2f14b6eedfdae60069f4dccc252e2944fc9
+RMD160 (xapian-core-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 0a25d7792062f597cf26946ce4e1af56f2e6c5e9
+SHA512 (xapian-core-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 230b39e012366267cf5ea09d01d3b463818c0d05861b8c8643bc6fc238be21bd3f4862adeba864b4af2962b1c0748b3d380dfe845da467f5164b0d938288c430
+Size (xapian-core-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 2979052 bytes
SHA1 (patch-common_safesyssocket.h) = 032d441853914d510bc285bb682a98c4ee264d52
SHA1 (patch-xapian-config.in) = 470d1de7f04b8b8817abbcf56b5b71a36948de97
diff -r 7c44a4545c35 -r c26420ad64e0 textproc/xapian/distinfo-bindings
--- a/textproc/xapian/distinfo-bindings Fri Aug 02 18:55:17 2019 +0000
+++ b/textproc/xapian/distinfo-bindings Fri Aug 02 21:28:12 2019 +0000
@@ -1,9 +1,9 @@
-$NetBSD: distinfo-bindings,v 1.11 2019/03/04 01:38:00 schmonz Exp $
+$NetBSD: distinfo-bindings,v 1.12 2019/08/02 21:28:12 schmonz Exp $
-SHA1 (xapian-bindings-1.4.11.tar.xz) = 57d5a5d91bc5bcf17c124d65629c785f5d356db0
-RMD160 (xapian-bindings-1.4.11.tar.xz) = e977d8d2811147e7c51db17d598029137eadf980
-SHA512 (xapian-bindings-1.4.11.tar.xz) = 326b08b9959143b92e6c10bd9b6b107ce2779e6ef1a3b5570abd07802a5988dd7df4e890d820f7da355f9f9e64df9a3ae08a0664d70d10ba6f876fca3dc44ecd
-Size (xapian-bindings-1.4.11.tar.xz) = 1125716 bytes
+SHA1 (xapian-bindings-1.4.12.tar.xz) = ce70a047516fdea3106b92e235f3ca038faba7f2
+RMD160 (xapian-bindings-1.4.12.tar.xz) = b1743d1c67ae32af4074eb40b3eea90493bcbe1d
+SHA512 (xapian-bindings-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 08190a70fe2548be50d82192f94158fd5d6839534b5ba7e0fdbcec7e99df29f0be6517603e7a66a474dffef94ea6bd2e6b7a3315717056687c6a205c25908b45
+Size (xapian-bindings-1.4.12.tar.xz) = 1132048 bytes
SHA1 (patch-configure) = d1c3edf1efcd105aef23bf9245650971f8df6ced
SHA1 (patch-lua_Makefile.in) = 7f1c5077f0d46dfdf33c2b65f144bb08d5031330
SHA1 (patch-perl_Makefile.in) = 993b137b319d7d28c2b3a70d2e46e1a38d380578
Main Index |
Thread Index |