[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
[pkgsrc/trunk]: pkgsrc/databases/p5-App-Sqitch Update to 0.9999. From the cha...
user: schmonz <schmonz%pkgsrc.org@localhost>
date: Sat Feb 02 16:59:30 2019 +0000
Update to 0.9999. From the changelog:
- Fixed a test failure with the MySQL max limit value, mostly exhibited
on BSD platforms.
- Removed fallback in the PostgreSQL engine on the `$PGUSER` and
`$PGPASSWORD` environnement variables, as well as the system username,
since libpq does all that automatically, and collects data from other
sources that we did not (e.g., the password and connection service
files). Thanks to Tom Bloor for the report (issue #410).
- Changed dependency validation to prevent an error when a change required
from a different project has been reworked. Previously, when a when
requiring a change such as `foo:greeble`, Sqitch would raise an error if
`foo:greeble` was reworked, suggesting that the dependency be
tag-qualified to eliminate ambiguity. Now reworked dependencies may be
required without tag-qualification, though tag-qualification should still
be specified if functionality as of a particular tag is required.
- Added a workaround for the shell quoting issue on Windows. Applies to
IPC::System::Simple 1.29 and lower. See
for details (#413).
- Fixed an issue with the MariaDB client where a deploy, revert, or
verify failure was not properly propagated to Sqitch. Sqitch now passes
`--abort-source-on-error` to the Maria `mysql` client to ensure that
SQL errors cause the client to abort with an error so that Sqitch can
properly handle it. Thanks to @mvgrimes for the original report and,
years later, the fix (#209).
- Fixed an issue with command argument parsing so that it truly never
returns a target without an engine specified, as documented.
- Removed documentation for methods that don't exist.
- Fixed test failures due to a change in Encode v2.99 that's stricter
about `undef` arguments that should be defined.
- The Snowflake engine now consults the `connections.warehousename`,
`connections.dbname`, and `connections.rolename` variables in the
SnowSQL configuration file (`~/.snowsql/config`) before falling back on
the hard-coded warehouse name "sqitch" and using the system username as
the database name and no default for the role.
- Switched to using a constant internally to optimize windows-specific
code paths at compile time.
- When `deploy` detects undeployed dependencies, it now eliminates
duplicates before listing them in the error message.
- Now requiring IO::Pager v0.34 or later for its more consistent
- Added notes about creating databases to the tutorials. Thanks to Dave
Rolsky for the prompt (#315).
- Added a status message to tell the user when the registry is being
updated, rather than just show each individual update. Thanks to Ben
Hutton for the suggestion (#276).
- Added support for a `$SQITCH_TARGET` environment variable, which takes
precedence over all other target specifications except for command-line
options and arguments. Thanks to @mvgrimes for the suggestion (#203).
- Fixed target/engine/change argument parsing so it won't automatically
fail when `core.engine` isn't set unless no targets are found. This
lets engines be determined strictly from command-line arguments --
derived from targets, or just listed on their own -- whether or not
`core.engine` is set. This change eliminates the need for the
`no_default` parameter to the `parse_args()` method of App::Sqitch
Command. It also greatly reduces the need for the core `--engine`
option, which was previously required to work around this issue (see
below for its removal).
- Refactored config handling in tests to use a custom subclass of
App::Sqitch::Config instead of various mocks, temporary files, and the
- Added advice to use the PL/pgSQL `ASSERT()` function for verify scripts
to the Postgres tutorial. Thanks to Sergii Tkachenko for the PR (#425).
- The `verify` command now reads `deploy.variables`, and individual
`verify.variables override `deploy.variables`, on the assumption that
the verify variables in general ought to be the same as the deploy
variables. This makes `verify` variable configuration consistent with
`revert` variable configuration.
- Variables set via the `--set-deploy` option on the `rebase` and
`checkout` commands no longer apply to both reverts and deploys, but
only deploys. Use the `--set` option to apply a variable to both
reverts and deploys.
- Added support for core, engine, and target variable configuration. The
simplest way to use them is via the `--set` option on the `init`,
`engine`, and `target` commands. These commands allow the configuration
of database client variables for specific engines and targets, as well
as defaults that apply to all change execution commands (`deploy`,
`revert`, `verify`, `rebase`, and `checkout`). The commands merge the
variables from each level in this priority order:
* `--set-deploy` and `--set-revert` options on `rebase` and `checkout`
* `--set` option
* `deploy.variables`, `revert.variables`, and `verify.variables`
See `sqitch-configuration` for general documentation of of the
hierarchy for merging variables and the documentation for each command
- Added the `--chdir`/`--cd`/`-C` option to specify a directory to change
to before executing any Sqitch commands. Thanks to Thomas Sibley for
the suggestion (#411).
- Added the `--no-pager` option to disable the pager (#414).
- Changed command-line parsing to allow core and command options to
appear anywhere on the line. Previously, core options had to come
before the command name, and command options after. No more. The caveat
is that command options that take arguments should either appear after
the command or use the `--opt=val` syntax instead of `--opt val`, so
that Sqitch doesn't think `val` is the command. Even in that case, it
will search the rest of the arguments to find a valid command.
However, to minimize this challenge, the documentation now suggests
and demonstrates putting all options after the command, like so:
`sqitch [command] [options]`.
- Simplified and clarified the distinction between core and command
options by removing all options from the core except those that affect
output and runtime context. The core options are:
* -C --chdir --cd <dir> Change to directory before performing any actions
* --etc-path Print the path to the etc directory and exit
* --no-pager Do not pipe output into a pager
* --quiet Quiet mode with non-error output suppressed
* -V --verbose Increment verbosity
* --version Print the version number and exit
* --help Show a list of commands and exit
* --man Print the introductory documentation and exit
- Relatedly, single-letter core options will now always be uppercase,
while single-letter command options will be lowercase. As such, `-V`
has been added as an alias for `--version`, although `-v` remains for
now, undocumented. It may be removed in the future should a compelling
use for `-v` in a command be discovered.
- All other options have been moved to the commands they affect. Their
use should remain mostly unchanged now that command options are parsed
from anywhere on the command-line, although we recommend that all
options come after commands. The options were moved as follows:
* `--registry`, `--client`, `--db-name`, `--db-user`, `--db-host`, and
`--db-port` (and their aliases) have been moved to the `checkout`,
`deploy`, `log`, `rebase`, `revert`, `status`, `upgrade`, and
* `--plan-file` and `--top-dir` (deprecated; see below) have been moved
to the `add`, `bundle`, `checkout`, `deploy`, `rebase`, `revert`,
`rework`, `show`, `status`, `tag`, and `verify` commands. They were
already supported by the `init`, `engine`, and `target` commands
(where `--top-dir` is not deprecated).
- Because some command options conflicted with core options, a few
options have been removed altogether, including:
* The `--verbose` option on the `--engine` and `--target` commands has
been removed, but no visible change should be apparent, since those
commands now read the core `--verbose` option.
* The undocumented `--dir` alias for `--top-dir` has been removed, as
it conflicted with the option of the same name but different meaning
in the `init`, `engine`, and `target` commands.
* The `-d` alias for `--set-deploy` in the `rebase` and `checkout`
commands has been changed to `-e` so as not to conflict with the `-d`
alias for `--db-name`.
* Added tests for all commands to ensure none of their options conflict
with core options. Will help prevent conflicts in the future.
[Deprecations & Removals]
- Deprecated the `--top-dir` option in favor of `--chdir` with a warning
except when used for configuration in the `init`, `engine`, and
- Removed the core `--deploy-dir`, `--revert-dir`, and `--verify-dir`
options, which have been deprecated and triggering warnings since
v0.9993 (August 2015). The `--dir` option to the `init`, `engine`, and
`target` commands remains the favored interface for specifying script
- Removed the deprecated core `--engine` option. The `init` command still
supports it, while other commands are able to parse the engine name as
an argument ? e.g., `sqitch deploy mysql` ? or implicitly as part of a
target, as in `sqitch revert db:pg:tryme`. When Sqitch is unable to
determine the engine for a command, the error message no longer
mentions `--engine` and instead suggests specifying the engine via the
target. This option never triggered an error, but demonstration of its
use has been limited to `init` examples.
- Removed support for reading the `core.$engine` configuration, which has
been deprecated with warnings in favor of `engine.$engine` since 0.997
(November 2014). The `sqitch engine update-config` action remains
available to update old configurations, but may be removed in the
- Removed the `--deploy`, `--revert`, and `--verify` options on the `add`
command, as well as their `--no-*` variants. They have been deprecated
with warnings in favor of the `--with` and `--without` options since
v0.990 (January 2014).
- Removed the `--deploy-template`, `--revert-template`, and
`--verify-template` options to the `add` command. They have been
deprecated with warnings in favor of the `--use` option since v0.990
- Removed the `add.deploy_template`, `add.revert_template`, and
`add.verify_template` configuration settings. They have been deprecated
with warnings in favor of the `add.templates` configuration section
since v0.990 (January 2014).
- Removed the `@FIRST` and `@LAST` symbolic tags, which have been
deprecated with warnings in favor of `@ROOT` and `@HEAD`, respectively,
since 0.997 (November 2014).
- Removed the command-specific options with the string "target" in them,
such as `--to-target`, `--upto-target`, which have been deprecated with
warnings in in favor of options containing the string "change", such as
`--to-change` and `--upto-change`, since v0.997 (November 2014).
- Remove the `engine` and `target` command `set-*` actions and their
corresponding methods, which have been deprecated in favor of the
`alter` action since v0.9993 (August 2015).
- Removed the automatic updating of change and tag IDs in the Postgres
engine. This functionality was added in v0.940 (December 2012), when
Postgres was the only engine, and the SHA-1 hash for change and tag IDs
was changed. There were very few deployments at the time, and all
should long since have been updated.
- Added the URI-overriding parameters `user`, `host`, `port`, and
`dbname` to App::Sqitch::Target so that command options can be used to
easily set them.
- Added support for passing attribute parameters to the `all_targets`
group constructor on App::Sqitch::Target, so that command-line options
can be used to assign attributes to all targets read from the
- Aded the `target_params` method to App::Sqitch::Command and updated all
commands to use it when constructing targets. This allows commands to
define options for Target parameters, as required for moving options to
commands as described above.
- Added the `class_for` method to App::Sqitch::Command so that the new
options parser described above can load a command class without
instantiating an instance. Useful for searching command-line arguments
for a command name.
- Added the `create` constructor to App::Sqitch::Command to let Sqitch
instantiate an instance of a command once it finds one via `class_for`.
Previously, Sqitch used the `load` method, which handled the
functionality of both `class_for` and `create`. That method still
exists but is used only in tests.
- Added the ConnectingCommand role to define database connection options
for the commands that need them.
- Added the ContextCommand role to define command options for the
location of the plan file and top directory. This is also where use of
the deprecated form of `--top-dir` triggers a warning.
- Removed the `verbosity` attribute from App::Sqitch::Command::engine and
App::Sqitch::Command::target, since the `--verbose` option is no longer
needed. These commands now rely on the core `--verbose` option.
- Removed the copying of core options from the target class and
TargetConfigCommand role, since the attributes fetched from there are
no longer core options, but provided as attribute parameters to the
constructors by commands.
- Removed documentation for the optional `config` parameter to the
`all_targets` constructor of App::Sqitch::Target, since it was never
used by Sqitch. It always fetched the config from the required `sqitch`
parameter. Support for the `config` parameter has not been removed,
since third-parties might use it.
- Removed the `set_*` methods in the `engine` and `target` commands,
which have been deprecated in favor of the new `alter` method since
v0.9993 (August 2015).
- Removed the `old_id` and `old_info` methods from Change and Tag, which
date from v0.940 (December 2012), and were provided only to allow
existing Postgres databases to be updated from the old to new ID
format, now removed. There should be no other use case for these
databases/p5-App-Sqitch/Makefile | 4 ++--
databases/p5-App-Sqitch/distinfo | 10 +++++-----
2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
diffs (27 lines):
diff -r 2262836aeeab -r 123858d2d0e7 databases/p5-App-Sqitch/Makefile
--- a/databases/p5-App-Sqitch/Makefile Sat Feb 02 15:52:51 2019 +0000
+++ b/databases/p5-App-Sqitch/Makefile Sat Feb 02 16:59:30 2019 +0000
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
-# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.21 2018/10/05 10:37:39 schmonz Exp $
+# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.22 2019/02/02 16:59:30 schmonz Exp $
CATEGORIES= databases perl5
diff -r 2262836aeeab -r 123858d2d0e7 databases/p5-App-Sqitch/distinfo
--- a/databases/p5-App-Sqitch/distinfo Sat Feb 02 15:52:51 2019 +0000
+++ b/databases/p5-App-Sqitch/distinfo Sat Feb 02 16:59:30 2019 +0000
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
-$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.12 2018/10/05 10:37:39 schmonz Exp $
+$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.13 2019/02/02 16:59:30 schmonz Exp $
-SHA1 (App-Sqitch-0.9998.tar.gz) = 12659220aff24f2866808e9227b1a0d5f379c8fa
-RMD160 (App-Sqitch-0.9998.tar.gz) = f147fe5a87735fd7ec8d43d7071d7e7f3f97b2e3
-SHA512 (App-Sqitch-0.9998.tar.gz) = 4d7f7b8bb94139e39014073e3c4d22954075251e4ce7533d7e590f8f13b22ee4c167ba751b64ea93bf545954071d265d2f5b7c2ed89c590a8149654787d57940
-Size (App-Sqitch-0.9998.tar.gz) = 567429 bytes
+SHA1 (App-Sqitch-0.9999.tar.gz) = 3fa8d7960b272c7b62a8bc2ded77175798d3fed4
+RMD160 (App-Sqitch-0.9999.tar.gz) = 16970813170c17edce67f7d7de9c72c73eb34c73
+SHA512 (App-Sqitch-0.9999.tar.gz) = 0a2546dcb4eca9f2e3d369bd8dba040d73c4c03bbaf4b0611cc52df7bb6163a5ab986f31fee80aff740a22e7249235f1c014db565c1bdd44a6080d003e577137
+Size (App-Sqitch-0.9999.tar.gz) = 581949 bytes
Main Index |
Thread Index |