[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
[pkgsrc/trunk]: pkgsrc/devel git: Update devel/git to 2.19.2
user: leot <leot%pkgsrc.org@localhost>
date: Fri Nov 23 14:57:21 2018 +0000
git: Update devel/git to 2.19.2
Git v2.19.2 Release Notes
Fixes since v2.19.1
* "git interpret-trailers" and its underlying machinery had a buggy
code that attempted to ignore patch text after commit log message,
which triggered in various codepaths that will always get the log
message alone and never get such an input.
* "git rebase -i" did not clear the state files correctly when a run
of "squash/fixup" is aborted and then the user manually amended the
commit instead, which has been corrected.
* When fsmonitor is in use, after operation on submodules updates
.gitmodules, we lost track of the fact that we did so and relied on
stale fsmonitor data.
* Fix for a long-standing bug that leaves the index file corrupt when
it shrinks during a partial commit.
* Further fix for O_APPEND emulation on Windows
* A corner case bugfix in "git rerere" code.
* "git add ':(attr:foo)'" is not supported and is supposed to be
rejected while the command line arguments are parsed, but we fail
to reject such a command line upfront.
* "git rebase" etc. in Git 2.19 fails to abort when given an empty
commit log message as result of editing, which has been corrected.
* The code to backfill objects in lazily cloned repository did not
work correctly, which has been corrected.
* Update error messages given by "git remote" and make them consistent.
* "git update-ref" learned to make both "--no-deref" and "--stdin"
work at the same time.
* Recently added "range-diff" had a corner-case bug to cause it
segfault, which has been corrected.
* The recently introduced commit-graph auxiliary data is incompatible
with mechanisms such as replace & grafts that "breaks" immutable
nature of the object reference relationship. Disable optimizations
based on its use (and updating existing commit-graph) when these
incompatible features are in use in the repository.
* The mailmap file update.
* The code in "git status" sometimes hit an assertion failure. This
was caused by a structure that was reused without cleaning the data
used for the first run, which has been corrected.
* A corner-case bugfix.
* A partial clone that is configured to lazily fetch missing objects
will on-demand issue a "git fetch" request to the originating
repository to fill not-yet-obtained objects. The request has been
optimized for requesting a tree object (and not the leaf blob
objects contained in it) by telling the originating repository that
no blobs are needed.
* The codepath to support the experimental split-index mode had
remaining "racily clean" issues fixed.
* "git log --graph" showing an octopus merge sometimes miscounted the
number of display columns it is consuming to show the merge and its
parent commits, which has been corrected.
* The implementation of run_command() API on the UNIX platforms had a
bug that caused a command not on $PATH to be found in the current
* A mutex used in "git pack-objects" were not correctly initialized
and this caused "git repack" to dump core on Windows.
* Under certain circumstances, "git diff D:/a/b/c D:/a/b/d" on
Windows would strip initial parts from the paths because they
were not recognized as absolute, which has been corrected.
* The receive.denyCurrentBranch=updateInstead codepath kicked in even
when the push should have been rejected due to other reasons, such
as it does not fast-forward or the update-hook rejects it, which
has been corrected.
* "git repack" in a shallow clone did not correctly update the
shallow points in the repository, leading to a repository that
does not pass fsck.
* Operations on promisor objects make sense in the context of only a
small subset of the commands that internally use the revisions
machinery, but the "--exclude-promisor-objects" option were taken
and led to nonsense results by commands like "log", to which it
didn't make much sense. This has been corrected.
* The "container" mode of TravisCI is going away. Our .travis.yml
file is getting prepared for the transition.
* Our test scripts can now take the '-V' option as a synonym for the
* A regression in Git 2.12 era made "git fsck" fall into an infinite
loop while processing truncated loose objects.
Also contains various documentation updates and code clean-ups.
devel/git-base/distinfo | 10 +++++-----
devel/git/Makefile.version | 4 ++--
2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
diffs (31 lines):
diff -r 44b5dc4f7cf9 -r 0be7945296e0 devel/git-base/distinfo
--- a/devel/git-base/distinfo Fri Nov 23 14:20:01 2018 +0000
+++ b/devel/git-base/distinfo Fri Nov 23 14:57:21 2018 +0000
@@ -1,9 +1,9 @@
-$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.84 2018/10/05 17:48:20 maya Exp $
+$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.85 2018/11/23 14:57:21 leot Exp $
-SHA1 (git-2.19.1.tar.xz) = b61b1bdaf0e695a9c76e9a7994bff0c6026ca540
-RMD160 (git-2.19.1.tar.xz) = f03b87ab8ad24e9c7ceb346f25da1ea6621f59e4
-SHA512 (git-2.19.1.tar.xz) = a1bc1032b1de9eb9ea8b7c385cd009f64247e13066e0a91e9682e35400ded05f88c23b523cca4782f57544060d6ba0f9d3bec944399cda5771a4945c38bb9b98
-Size (git-2.19.1.tar.xz) = 5227908 bytes
+SHA1 (git-2.19.2.tar.xz) = 711548b3feabef490fd2ae12876d6734a2084e97
+RMD160 (git-2.19.2.tar.xz) = 335c4e58651bb95d8867837307893da8461c36ce
+SHA512 (git-2.19.2.tar.xz) = 1d707c1a7a16fe9399592b0354e9023f701b019f36fe775997c46354d40617a80fa04aacc5330825c4f9301c2910ead8b26274a7f3b92e9d790b4705c0d7aa96
+Size (git-2.19.2.tar.xz) = 5235608 bytes
SHA1 (patch-Makefile) = 41955729837095abc055850751cce19023e7a2d1
SHA1 (patch-ac) = e5d2112d158fe493a89b244a10d2e4b998a23d98
SHA1 (patch-af) = 06460f220b4703a1ff98809006ec1aed5017bb23
diff -r 44b5dc4f7cf9 -r 0be7945296e0 devel/git/Makefile.version
--- a/devel/git/Makefile.version Fri Nov 23 14:20:01 2018 +0000
+++ b/devel/git/Makefile.version Fri Nov 23 14:57:21 2018 +0000
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
-# $NetBSD: Makefile.version,v 1.74 2018/10/05 17:48:20 maya Exp $
+# $NetBSD: Makefile.version,v 1.75 2018/11/23 14:57:21 leot Exp $
# used by devel/git/Makefile.common
# used by devel/git-cvs/Makefile
# used by devel/git-svn/Makefile
Main Index |
Thread Index |