Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 5.0_STABLE/x86_64 2010-07-06 20:02

I should really not have spent six hours on this; however, I've gone
through *all* the failures and diagnosed most of them below. (And
fixed a few.)

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:49:27AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
 > Package                               Breaks Maintainer
 > archivers/rar
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Ancient self-extracting archive requiring old i386 compat code that I
don't think exists for amd64.

 > chat/zircon
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Interactive install stage.

 > cross/avr-libc                               wennmach%NetBSD.org@localhost

Major PLIST issues.

 > cross/i386-cygwin32
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 > cross/i386-linux
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 > cross/i386-msdosdjgpp
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

These don't recognize x86_64 as a machine type.

 > databases/gq                                 rh%NetBSD.org@localhost

Wants gnome-keyring-1; we have -2. Is there an update available?

 > devel/cxref
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Contains work directory references.

 > devel/eel                                  2
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

eel-background.c:1003: error: too few arguments to function 'gnome_bg_is_dark'

 > devel/emacs-ilisp                          1
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

/usr/pkg/bin/emacs -batch -l ilisp-mak.el
ILISP Compilation: starting.
Symbol's value as variable is void: comint-version

Anyone's guess what's wrong there...

 > devel/gtl
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Requires manual download.

 > devel/guile-gnome                            gdt%NetBSD.org@localhost

Doesn't like current glib2.

 > devel/mico                                   tonnerre%NetBSD.org@localhost

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `mico-2.3.12' of `mico-2.3.12'

Huh? (Tools problem?)

 > devel/ogre
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Needs -fPIC.

 > devel/omake
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

ocaml issues.

 > devel/php-libawl                           1 jym%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >     php5-libawl-0.43                       1 jym%NetBSD.org@localhost

Depends on both php versions.

 > devel/py-expect
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Appears to be misusing libtool so it tries to link a program instead
of a shared lib, and dies because there's no main().

 > devel/stlport
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

libtool  c++ -O2 -pthread -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -I../stlport -Wall -W
-Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused -Wno-uninitialized -ftemplate-depth-32 -O2
dll_main.cpp -c -o ../lib/obj/GCC/Release/dll_main.lo
libtool: Misssing --mode=XXX

(yes, the "missing" is extra hissy)

But as I recall this doesn't build with current C++ compilers anyway.

 > devel/tet3
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Fixed.

 > devel/valide
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

libvalide/executable-manager.vala:102.44-102.44: error: invalid escape sequence

 > editors/elvis-x11
 > airhead%users.sourceforge.net@localhost

/scratch/editors/elvis-x11/work/.buildlink/include/ft2build.h:56:38: error:
freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such file or directory

Not entirely clear why this should be; all the necessarily bl3's seem
to be in place.

 > editors/mule
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

fixed

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-DataWalker
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

blib/lib/auto/share/dist/Padre-Plugin-DataWalker/locale isn't a directory at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Locale/Msgfmt.pm line 23.

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-Git
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

- Padre          ...Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
[1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/env USE...

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-PerlCritic
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Can't locate inc/Module/Install/DSL.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
   /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-netbsd-thread-multi
   /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0
   /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-netbsd-thread-multi
   /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0 /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
   /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.10.0/x86_64-netbsd-thread-multi
   /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.10.0 .) at Makefile.PL line 1.

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-PerlTidy
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

blib/lib/auto/share/dist/Padre-Plugin-PerlTidy/locale isn't a directory at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Locale/Msgfmt.pm line 23.

 > editors/p5-Padre-Plugin-SVN
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

- Padre      ...Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
[1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/bin/env USE...

 > editors/xemacs-current
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Bad pointer casts.

 > emulators/palmosemulator                     dsainty%NetBSD.org@localhost

/../SrcShared/Hardware/EmCPU68K.cpp:1195: error: size of array '_dummy' is
negative

presumably a compile-time assertion of some kind, requires investigation.

 > emulators/ski                                skrll%NetBSD.org@localhost

Requires manual download.

 > emulators/twin
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Bad pointer casts.

 > emulators/xm7
 > tech-pkg-ja%jp.NetBSD.org@localhost

No distfile.

 > fonts/acroread-jpnfont
 > tech-pkg-ja%jp.NetBSD.org@localhost

Requires manual download.

 > fonts/umefont-ttf                            ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost

No distfile.

 > games/maelstrom-sdl
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Needs fixed scorefile handling.

 > games/pokerth                                ahoka%NetBSD.org@localhost

Bad C++ involving Boost.

 > graphics/aqsis
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Bad C++.

 > graphics/cal3d-examples
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Bad pointer casts.

 > graphics/kipi-plugins-calendar-kde3
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with libkipi-0.1.6nb5:
include/libkipi/imagecollection.h

 > graphics/libgiigic
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

../include/ggi/gic_structs.h:35: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
'__attribute__' before 'gic_state'

 > graphics/lprof                               gdt%NetBSD.org@localhost

lcmsprf.h:78: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before
'MATNsolve'

 > graphics/pixieplus
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

batch.h:19:17: error: api.h: No such file or directory

probably not MAKE_JOBS_SAFE

 > graphics/radiance
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

.: installib: not found

(this one might be my fault, so I should look into it sometime)

 > ham/gnuradio-audio-oss                     1 wulf%NetBSD.org@localhost

checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in
`/scratch/ham/gnuradio-audio-oss/work/gnuradio-3.2':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.

 > inputmethod/iiimecf                          uebayasi%NetBSD.org@localhost

I cannot find Mule-UCS.
Please type the path where Mule-UCS is installed.
Error reading from stdin

but doesn't actually fail so continues to try to install.

 > inputmethod/xcin                             rxg%NetBSD.org@localhost

Depends on multiple versions of libchewing.

 > lang/coq
 > richards+netbsd%CS.Princeton.EDU@localhost

Contains work directory references.

 > lang/drscheme
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Failure to use -fPIC compounded by energizer-bunny-makefiles.

 > lang/gcc3-java                             1
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

It's not obvious from the build log what's wrong here, and I remember
looking into it a while back and concluding it was not readily
fixable.

 > lang/mercury
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Needs updating.

 > lang/objc
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

The first thing it apparently does is make clean, and that fails:

rm: *.i: No such file or directory
*** [cleantmp] Error code 1

Clearly needs help.

 > lang/ocamlduce                               jaapb%kerguelen.org@localhost

Needs updating for ocaml 3.11.2.

 > lang/polyml                                  asau%NetBSD.org@localhost

Seems to have amd64 issues. (I said I'd look at this a while ago and I
haven't got to it yet...)

 > lang/sbcl                                    jonb%NetBSD.org@localhost

Appears to go into an infinite loop during build.

 > lang/snobol
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

distfile changed upstream.

 > lang/sun-jre6                              6
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

requires manual download

 > mail/gnus
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Fixed.

 > mail/mailagent
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

"Do not build mailagent as root or it won't pass the sanity tests."

I suppose this inanity should be patched out...

 > mail/wl
 > tech-pkg-ja%jp.NetBSD.org@localhost

Bad PLIST; looks as if it might be emacs-version-dependent.

 > math/R-CGIwithR                              mchittur%cs.nmsu.edu@localhost

Error in parse(outFile) : embedded nul in string: '\0'

 > math/R-Rcmdr                                 mchittur%cs.nmsu.edu@localhost

ERROR: dependencies 'car' are not available for package 'Rcmdr'

 > math/R-lmm                                   mchittur%cs.nmsu.edu@localhost
 > math/R-wle                                   mchittur%cs.nmsu.edu@localhost

Fortran issues.

 > math/octave                                2 adam%NetBSD.org@localhost

Contains work directory references.

 > mbone/beacon                                 pettai%NetBSD.org@localhost

common/src/inet_ntop.h:6: error: conflicting types for 'inet_ntop'
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:89: error: previous declaration of 'inet_ntop' was here

 > misc/calibre
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Files missing from plist.

 > misc/dpkg
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Perl issues.

 > misc/hanzim                                  rxg%NetBSD.org@localhost

ERROR: hanzim-1.3nb1 runs a binary during installation
ERROR: that requires an Xserver to be running.

 > misc/kdepim4                               1 markd%NetBSD.org@localhost

Extra libs in PLIST.

 > misc/molden
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Distfile changed on server. (There's an update available; Someone(TM)
should just fix it that way.)

 > misc/root                                    drochner%NetBSD.org@localhost

io/io/src/TFile.cxx:104:25: error: compiledata.h: No such file or directory

Probably not MAKE_JOBS_SAFE.

 > multimedia/vlc08
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

configure: error: Your FFmpeg library doesn't have the needed img_resample()
function. You should rebuild it with software scaler disabled

 > multimedia/vls
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Bad C++.

 > multimedia/xine-v4l
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

libtool: install: `xineplug_inp_v4l.la' is not a valid libtool archive

From the build log it looks as if this is not valid because it doesn't
exist, which appears to be because configure isn't finding v4l, only
v4l2. Is that expected on NetBSD? If so, shouldn't this have
NOT_FOR_PLATFORM?

 > net/DarwinStreamingServer                    adam%NetBSD.org@localhost

Requires manual download.

 > net/citrix_ica                               sborrill%NetBSD.org@localhost

Packaging needs amd64 support:

sed: /usr/pkgsrc/net/citrix_ica/files/response.x86_64: No such file or directory

 > net/ettercap
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

/usr/include/sys/lwp.h:178: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before
'_TAILQ_HEAD'

however, it's full of bad pointer casts.

 > net/ispman
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Wrong PLIST.

 > net/mppe-lkm                                 cube%NetBSD.org@localhost

Needs kernel source, but doesn't fail tidily.

 > net/nasd
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

nasd_srpc_server.c: In function 'nasd_srpc_server_pipe_push':
nasd_srpc_server.c:1785: error: 'nasd_timer_t' undeclared (first use in this
function)

 > net/nocol
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

/scratch/net/nocol/work/nocol-4.3.1/include/nocol.h:41: error: conflicting
types for 'sys_errlist'
/usr/include/errno.h:61: error: previous declaration of 'sys_errlist' was here

Should be straightforward to patch...

 > net/openafs                                  gendalia%NetBSD.org@localhost

configure: error: An AFS sysname is required

 > net/rancid                                   pettai%NetBSD.org@localhost

checking for ping... no
configure: error: can't locate ping.

 > net/sharity-light
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

syscalls.c:124: error: too few arguments to function 'mount'

 > parallel/sge
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Crashes during build, no clear reason why without further
investigation.

 > print/lilypond                             1
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Appears to cause fontforge to crash.

 > security/isakmpd
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
arc4random.c: In function 'arc4random_stir':
arc4random.c:98: warning: passing argument 2 of 'arc4_addrandom' from
incompatible pointer type

and also

certpatch.c:71:23: error: ipsec_num.h: No such file or directory

Dunno.

 > security/nessus-plugins                    1
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Requires manual download.

 > security/opensc-signer                       hasso%NetBSD.org@localhost

checking LIBASSUAN API version... does not match.  want=1 got=2.

Is there an update available?

 > security/py-lasso                            manu%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >     py24-lasso-2.2.91nb1                     manu%NetBSD.org@localhost

ImportError: No module named etree.ElementTree

 > security/sfs
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Bad pointer casts.

 > security/tct                                 frazee.23%osu.edu@localhost

unsupported system: NetBSD.5.0_STABLE

 > shells/ast-ksh
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

no distfile

 > shells/scsh
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Crashes during build; probably LP64 issues, but needs debugging.

 > shells/static-ast-ksh
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

no distfile

 > sysutils/brasero-nautilus
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Shares distinfo with sysutils/brasero, but did not get updated along
with it. This probably ought to be restructured to use a
Makefile.common.

 > sysutils/cdbkup                              mishka%NetBSD.org@localhost

checking for mount... no
configure: error: *** mount(8) not found?! You must have mount command in
system. ***

Does the bulk build sandbox maybe not have /sbin and /usr/sbin?

This works for me manually, FWIW.

 > sysutils/gnome-mount                       2
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 > sysutils/libgksu
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

These wants gnome-keyring-1, we have -2, as above.

 > sysutils/munin-node
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Needs a group created.

 > sysutils/nautilus-sendto
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Version skew relative to Evolution?

 > sysutils/p5-Sys-Utmp
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Utmp.xs:60: error: conflicting types for 'utmpname'
/usr/include/utmp.h:64: error: previous declaration of 'utmpname' was here

 > sysutils/storage-manager
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Requires manual fetch.

 > sysutils/strace                              christos%NetBSD.org@localhost

Requires kernel source.

 > textproc/xml2doc
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `xml2doc-20030510nb7' of
`xml2doc-20030510nb7'

Again.

 > wm/afterstep
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Major PLIST problems.

 > www/amaya
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

The included wxWidgets no longer builds against current glib2. Needs
updating, not a trivial undertaking.

 > www/ap2-auth-mellon                          manu%NetBSD.org@localhost

apxs:Error: Unknown option: t.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: h.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: r.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: d.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: t.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: h.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: r.
apxs:Error: Unknown option: d.

 > www/ap2-subversion
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >     ap2-subversion-1.6.9nb1
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Requires two versions of apr at once.

 > www/ap2-fastcgi
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 > www/ap2-xslt2
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 > www/ap22-dnssd
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `ap2-fastcgi-2.4.6' of
`ap2-fastcgi-2.4.6'

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `ap22-fastcgi-2.4.6' of
`ap22-fastcgi-2.4.6'

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `ap2-xslt2-2004112100nb1' of
`ap2-xslt2-2004112100nb1'

pkg_delete: No matching package for basename `ap22-dnssd-0.5nb2' of
`ap22-dnssd-0.5nb2'

...again.

 > www/drupal
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 > www/drupal6
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Seems to be trying to depend on both versions of php at once.

 > www/firefox-bin-flash
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

no distfile

 > www/gallery                                  pettai%NetBSD.org@localhost

Fixed.

 > www/kahua                                    uebayasi%NetBSD.org@localhost

Tries to install things directly into /var despite DESTDIR.

 > www/merb
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Ruby issues:

=> Installing gem into installation root
File not found: lib
Successfully installed merb-0.9.2
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for merb-0.9.2...
*** Error code 1

 > www/nvu
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

/scratch/www/nvu/work/mozilla/dist/include/nspr/prcpucfg.h:236:2:error: #error
Must define constants for type sizes here.

Maybe just needs to be taught about amd64?

 > www/ocsigen                                  jaapb%kerguelen.org@localhost

ocaml issues.

 > www/p5-Apache-Reload
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Fixed.

 > www/seamonkey-bin-flash
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

no distfile

 > www/sope
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

objc issues (looks like missing include files are merely warnings?)

 > www/wml                                      kim%tac.nyc.ny.us@localhost

===> wml_common/gd (install)
usage: chmod [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-h] mode file ...
*** Error code 1

plus energizer-bunny-makefiles.

 > x11/efltk                                  1
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Bad pointer casts.

 > x11/gnome-control-center                  13
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

gnome version skew.

 > x11/openbsd-input-ws                         bjs%NetBSD.org@localhost

Doesn't build with current modular-xorg-server.

 > x11/py-gnome2-desktop                      2
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >     py25-gnome2-desktop-2.30.2             2
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

Requires both py25-cairo and py26-cairo, which conflict.

 > x11/xdm3d
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

/usr/bin/install -c -o pbulkXXX -g users -m 644 /etc/X11/xdm/GiveConsole
/scratch/x11/xdm3d/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/share/xdm3d
install: /etc/X11/xdm/GiveConsole: stat: No such file or directory

(Buh?)

 > x11/xmx
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

fixed.