Re: pkgsrc-current-destdir Linux 2.6.24-1-686-bigmem/i686 bulk build results 20090313.2201

 >> > It might be worth running another one of these if you have time/energy...
 >>
 >> Is the following good enough alternative?  The first column lists
 >> packages without DESTDIR support (either destdir of user-destdir).  The
 >> second one shows a number of packages broken due to this (including the
 >> package itself).

> Well, I'm not sure the breakage count is that interesting, and the
> list can be gotten easily enough with grep (or from Joerg's page) -
> the interesting part is which packages' DESTDIR support doesn't
> actually work.

Well, I think it will be easier for me to make such a test based on my
normal bulk builds by using 'tricky_package' target as shown below (only
idea, not tested) instead of 'install package' pair.

   .PHONY: tricky_package

   .if ${PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT:U} == "user-destdir" || ${PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT:U}
== "destdir"

   USE_DESTDIR=   yes
   tricky_package : package

   .else

   tricky_package : install .WAIT package

   .endif

In my case this will require only two changes in config files.

In this case 'install' and 'package' targets will be run using root:root.
Is it ok?

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.