Re: pkgsrc-current Linux 2.6.24-1-686/i686 bulk build results 20080825.0717

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 08:06:26PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 > > ERROR: [depends.mk] A package matching ``gcc>=2.95.3nb7'' should
 > > ERROR:     be installed, but one cannot be found.  Perhaps there is a
 > > ERROR:     stale work directory for ../../lang/gcc?
 > > *** Error code 1
 >
 > > This seems like it might be a bug in your tools...
 > As I said in pkg-tech@ some time ago distbb allows to use different
 > make's variables (building options) for building different packages,
 > that is to set building options per package. I tried to use this
 > feature for building festival using gcc-3.4 which is a part of debian
 > (gcc-4.1 is the default - festival cannot be built with it).
 >
 > I tested this functionality and everything worked fine.
 >
 > This failure happens because gcc-3.4 just was not installed.  In the
 > next bulk build, everything will be fine. Thanks for pointing out.

Ah. But, shouldn't it have built a copy of gcc-3.4 itself? :-)

 >  >> mail/alpine                               build
 > abs%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >  >> alpine-1.10nb1
 >
 > > This bombs because it can't find the openssl headers; however, the
 > > package includes the openssl bl3.mk, and the depends phase log shows
 > > that openssl was installed. So something fairly fundamental must be
 > > wrong somewhere.
 >
 > On build hosts ssl libraries are installed (required by sshd) but
 > headers are not.

pkgsrc doesn't draw that distinction, though, and it claimed to have
installed the pkgsrc openssl. Maybe it's buildlinking the wrong one?

 >  >> misc/yrolo                              install
 > pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 >  >> yrolo-1.1nb4
 >
 > > This is more imake man suffix lossage.
 >
 > If you have a patch, I can test it.

If someone can tell me how to do it properly, I can fix it, and all
the others like it.

The problem is that it (along with 123 other packages) has

   ${IMAKE_MAN_DIR}/yrolo.${IMAKE_MANNEWSUFFIX}

in its PLIST, which apparently isn't the right thing. But I don't know
what the right thing is.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost